Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Houston, TX - Westheimer Road (Galleria)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to check them out over the weekend. These are some of the hardest chargers to get to.
I found it best to go into the parking garage from Alabama street, go straight and follow the signs additional parking going down to the next level.
Seen a Model 3 driving around the garage, thought they were looking for the chargers. Come to find out, they were looking for an exit. The exit is easy to miss. When leaving the chargers turn right. No more than 50 feet or so, the exit is on the right. It's a tight squeeze. I thought they had it blocked. When coming up onto the main road, be warned people exiting the garage on the next level are not use to looking both ways.

1662481366486.png

1662481146005.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Twiglett and byeLT4
The lack of signage here sucks. Even if you look at the Nav, it isn’t exactly intuitive to find LL2.
Note that this charger is called "Houston - Westheimer Rd, TX" in supercharge.info and the NAV screen, not Houston TX - Galleria. ALso, the thread labelled "Supercharger - Houston Westheimer Road" ( Supercharger - Houston Westheimer Road ) Refers to the one at the Service center, called "Houston - 9633 Westheimer Rd (SC), TX" in supercharge.info. Perhaps we could get the thread names changed to avoid further confusion.

We charged our model 3 here on May 29, 2023 in mid afternoon. Only 2 other cars when we finally found LL2 after driving around LL1 3 times. (the ramp is off of the side of LL1 instead of in the middle like most parking garages). We took the escalator up to Nordstrom cafe, walked to the other end of the mall and back, then got our warning that charging was almost complete - pretty fast! When we went back down to LL2, all 16 stalls were filled, so people are finding the place now. If you have never been here, finding the lowest level of the parking garage is a real challenge, but it exists - don't give up. Previous commenters describe the two different ways to get here. We came in the McCue entrance but exited up the long ramp to street level on Alabama.
Capture.JPG

It looks like this is the same place that used to have the destination chargers for the Tesla store in the Galleria. Can any locals confirm? I may try to swing by next time I'm in Houston just to check. If I recall correctly, first time I visited this Tesla location in 2014 or so, they actually still had an original Roadster HPWC (charging a Model S via an adapter).

It looks like this is the same place that used to have the destination chargers for the Tesla store in the Galleria. Can any locals confirm? I may try to swing by next time I'm in Houston just to check. If I recall correctly, first time I visited this Tesla location in 2014 or so, they actually still had an original Roadster HPWC (charging a Model S via an adapter).
No that’s where they still have the demo cars. This is one level below that.

• Informative
Reactions: wart