Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Houston, TX - Queensbury Lane (CITYCENTRE)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most likely going to be placed within the parking garages at CityCentre.
Would concur.

What's interesting is CC charges parking for the ground level for their garages. Also of note is CC put in L2 charging spots as well, again on the ground level so pay-to-park spots.

Not sure where the SC's going but curious to see how this pans out.

Suspect this'll be a popular charger.

Reactions: Abraham
Not sure what they’re building, but I don’t think it’s Superchargers yet.

Attachments

• F869DD22-7223-4560-AAEB-3B7312EA4852.jpeg
    F869DD22-7223-4560-AAEB-3B7312EA4852.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 7C441AC9-66F0-4977-ACB2-FE11F5654F7A.jpeg
    7C441AC9-66F0-4977-ACB2-FE11F5654F7A.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 55
So I did some digging and turns out this is indeed charging stations: Link

Even more interestingly, they’re noted to be inside the Ascent apartments parking garage at 801 Town & Country Ln: Link

The City analyst also calls out that these are two projects. Could it be a bunch of destination chargers? Or both L2 and superchargers? 🤔

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
So I did some digging and turns out this is indeed charging stations: Link

Even more interestingly, they’re noted to be inside the Ascent apartments parking garage at 801 Town & Country Ln: Link

The City analyst also calls out that these are two projects. Could it be a bunch of destination chargers? Or both L2 and superchargers? 🤔
Good find on that 2nd link. I'll update the coord to be 801 Town & Country Ln.

There may be L2 chargers attached to the project, but this is definitely Superchargers as the design firm on the original TDLR permit does a lot of the Supercharger designs.

I've seen many Supercharger projects identified as EV1 and EV2, its usually if they are on separate meters.

Drove by this location, but I couldn't spot anything Tesla related. The parking garage is gated except for like a handful of spots, so I'm not really sure how it'll work out with Superchargers. The open spots are for visitors, and a couple L2 chargers.

Can you get in there without having to pay? If so, no one will ever pay until they put up a raisable barricade.
There are no gates to get into this garage. Before the charger installation, those spots were for valet or paid parking. Typically, the garages at citycenter are paid parking on the first floor (paid via numbered spot and pay stall) and free on upper levels. No idea how the supercharger will change that setup. They have free destination chargers in the other garages but you still have to pay for the spot to park.

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
There are no gates to get into this garage. Before the charger installation, those spots were for valet or paid parking. Typically, the garages at citycenter are paid parking on the first floor (paid via numbered spot and pay stall) and free on upper levels. No idea how the supercharger will change that setup. They have free destination chargers in the other garages but you still have to pay for the spot to park.
I am hoping they will not charge to park for the superchargers. They include the price of parking to the cost of charging. Right now, if you charge for more than 30 mins on the destination charger, the price works out to about $0.27/kW. Most of the Superchargers here are at around $0.36/kW off-peak, $0.41/kW peak rates.