Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Freehold, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla was on the agenda of the August 15, 2019 meeting of the Howell Township Planning Board:

Description: Application of Tesla, Inc. as applicant and Wawa, Inc. as Owner seeking Minor Site Plan approval to install eight (8) electric vehicle charging stations along with additional site improvements consisting of associated electric transformer, meter and cabinets, underground electric conduit from an existing utility pole along the Route 33 site frontage, and extension of electric service to said utility pole from across Route 33 on premises known as Block 175, Lot 40.02, 909 Route 33.

Although the site is in Howell Township, the address is 909 NJ-33, Freehold NJ 07728, only a few miles from the Tinton Falls supercharger.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Wall supercharger is being cancelled. It's an odd location. Not much in the way of condo/Apts, compared to other locations. Plus, I would have thought on the west side of Freehold closer to Rt9 would have been a better location. But I'm sure Tesla has the data as to where people are buying their cars

Most? there are a ton of wawas within a 10 minute radius of my house. I can think of at least 6 offhand. I highly doubt "most" would get superchargers. that kind of saturation would be insane for Tesla. In my town alone there are 2 wawas 3 minutes apart, and a third wawa another 2 minutes in the next town over. that seems inordinately expensive (not that I would complain if it were true)

Most? there are a ton of wawas within a 10 minute radius of my house. I can think of at least 6 offhand. I highly doubt "most" would get superchargers. that kind of saturation would be insane for Tesla. In my town alone there are 2 wawas 3 minutes apart, and a third wawa another 2 minutes in the next town over. that seems inordinately expensive (not that I would complain if it were true)
I didn't say all....but they are proactive to Tesla Superchargers

I just spoke with the general manager and he said they are getting equipment in soon and plan to start building after a meeting they have on Friday to discuss location of the SCs.
That’s awesome. I’ll be on the lookout for this. Exciting to see that they are putting one in Jackson/Millstone. It’s very much needed there. The 195 corridor had a huge empty gap. Thanks again!