Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Huntington Beach (likely cancelled)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to have an update on this location. It would be very helpful for me on occasion, but to relieve the super congested FV. Orginally submitted over 1 year ago. Final approval given over 8 months ago. So, what's the hold up???

Final approval HASN'T been given. That's the hold up. The permit is still listed as "Pending" and the building subsection plan review is still showing that it has a "hold" for clearance of some problem prior to permit issuance [See Post #32 for further information]. It's only the other review subsections which have given approval.

At least Westminster is open now.

I was at Bella Terra this weekend and there were no obvious signs of construction or Tesla Boxes out with the superchargers inside.

Will def be after the new year before this one gets opened. At least Westminster is now open so you have someplace decently close to charge.
I have emailed Tesla, and checked with the city planners, nothing has changed on this for over a year. The city planner indicated that the ball is in Tesla's court. Best guess is the chargers would be on the top floor of the parking structure. Parking is very limited around this mall at street level.

Parking is very limited around this mall at street level.

Great update. I don't mind if the chargers are on the top floor....will be a pain to get up there....I'm sure a bunch of the Costco shoppers going to FV will be trying to go here.......just shifting the pain probably.

There really isn't a great location for the chargers besides the structures. Everywhere else would pretty much get ICE'd.

I seriously doubt HB will ever happen now that Westminster Mall is open. Every time I’ve gone to Westminster there have been several stalls available, even on the weekends. Those two locations have to be within 3 miles of each other. Unless Westminster becomes so overloaded that it can’t keep up with demand I can’t imagine why Tesla would spend more money to open up Bella Terra.

To further reduce the crowding at Fountain Valley.

Maybe, but that is what Westminster was for. I think it’s a mistake to put a Supercharger next to a Costco. Too many people want to shop at Costco and charge at the same time. They need to put superchargers at places nobody likes to shop at. That’s why I can always get a bay at Westminster Mall. The place is dead except for Target.

Or they could incrementally increase the price per KWH to find a sweet spot of reducing usage. I know this doesn't sound fair, but this is just one solution among others, each has pros and cons.
I generally disagree. People need to charge because they need to charge. Perhaps offloading the crowds by making the price less during off-peak times? Is that done now? Regardless, that is another discussion. It has been quite some time since this permit was initiated. My guess is that this project is dead. Maybe they will re-apply for the permit at another time. I certainly hope so.

Or they could incrementally increase the price per KWH to find a sweet spot of reducing usage. I know this doesn't sound fair, but this is just one solution among others, each has pros and cons.

This doesn't work because Tesla keeps offering Free Unlimited Supercharging for X amount of time. For those people, the price has zero impact and only makes it worse for those that really need to charge.