TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Huntington Beach (permit found, not yet approved)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by Chuq, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I just saw this pop up on supercharge.info - no link to a thread so thought I would create one!

upload_2018-3-27_9-46-6.png

• Like x 2
  2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

3. McManX

McManX Member

where is the permit though? I don't know how to search for Huntington Beach

4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice find. That's going to be most helpful in HB. I avoid the FV SC like the plague.

Surprised there isn't an SC off the 405 through Long Beach yet as well.

5. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

It is permit number C2017007180. Here is the description:

It was first submitted October 30th, but it's a little confusing as to whether everything has been approved or if it was resubmitted for electrical review on March 21st.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  6. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

This is the first SC that could potentially offer FV some much needed relief. Saying that this is long overdue would be an understatement.
    It is listed as only 12 stalls, though I hope that is incorrect. 20 stalls would barely be enough. Regardless, I am grateful that something is finally coming to the region. Hopefully, this will be built promptly, and not delayed indefinitely like both Carlsbad locations.

• Helpful x 1
  7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Nice find, thanks for posting! Who will be the first to go to that location and take some pictures? In the late 1980’s I used to live about a mile from that shopping mall. Glad to see a Supercharger coming to Huntington Beach.

8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Sorry, my help ends with creating the thread :p

9. mikeyteh

mikeyteh Member

I drove around the entire property at Bella Terra today. I have highlighted an aerial view of where I believe the most likely locations are for the upcoming Supercharger.

A1765B9E-80B9-49F7-95EC-BBF767D48F88.jpeg

The yellow area had some construction equipment and workers in it. They said they were not installing Superchargers but they could be there doing work prior to the team that will install the Tesla portion.

The green area would also make sense for a parking garage rooftop location.

The rest of the property is scattered with standalone buildings and would be at risk for ICEing because of the close distance to major shopping areas.

I think the back end of Bella Terra behind the parking garage or rooftop of the parking garage are the best locations. They are far enough from major attractions to prevent getting ICE’d but still close enough to utilize the amenities of the shopping center. Just my two cents.

• Informative x 1
  10. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

The permit references the "structure," and I'm hoping that they put the Supercharges on the roof of the structure. Bella Terra is a hot hot hot mess at times. Between Costco and the movie theaters, having the Superchargers on the ground level of the parking lot will guarantee lots of ICE-ing (around Christmas, that place is way crazy). I live in the area, and I try to avoid Bella Terra when possible.

• Informative x 1
  11. mikeyteh

mikeyteh Member

The top of the parking garage works and they have done it in the past. I believe the parking structure is 5+ levels and it took some time to get to the top when I was scoping things out last week.

12. ACA Man

ACA Man Member

Agreed about it being a hot mess. :)

13. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Active Member

Hopefully one level below the top level, so that the cars get shade while charging during hot summer days.

14. DayDrinker

DayDrinker Member

A Supercharging station here is going to look like a Costco gas station line.

• Like x 1
  15. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

They better make it a 40 stall location. Otherwise it’ll always be full.

• Like x 1
  16. dauger

dauger Member

That's awesome! I live in that part of HB and my family frequents Bella Terra regularly. I'll definitely be able to shoot pictures if there's something to see.

17. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

I went by yesterday and saw no activity and no sign of construction. I went to Costco, and I checked out the ground level area along Center Avenue. I also went up in the parking structure and walked up to the top level. I didn't see any activity. I'm usually there every 2 to 3 weeks. I'll check back and let you know on my next trip.

• Informative x 1
  18. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

Went by again yesterday (Wednesday, May 16). Nothing happening.

19. dauger

dauger Member

Checked it out May 27. Nothing so far.

• Informative x 1
  20. gsmith63

gsmith63 Member

… and no guarantee we will see anything, especially anytime soon. I e-mailed an inquiry to the Bella Terra management folks and got the following:

Me: "I’ve heard a rumor that a Tesla ‘supercharger’ car charging station is coming to Bella Terra. Is this true? If so, where will it be located, and do you have any idea when construction is scheduled to start?"

Them: "We are currently working the details out. There is no definitive answer as to when, or if it will happen."

I'd have thought that Tesla would work the details out before starting the permitting process?