Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Huntington Beach (likely cancelled)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this pop up on supercharge.info - no link to a thread so thought I would create one!

upload_2018-3-27_9-46-6.png

This is the first SC that could potentially offer FV some much needed relief. Saying that this is long overdue would be an understatement.
It is listed as only 12 stalls, though I hope that is incorrect. 20 stalls would barely be enough. Regardless, I am grateful that something is finally coming to the region. Hopefully, this will be built promptly, and not delayed indefinitely like both Carlsbad locations.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Nice find, thanks for posting! Who will be the first to go to that location and take some pictures? In the late 1980’s I used to live about a mile from that shopping mall. Glad to see a Supercharger coming to Huntington Beach.
I just saw this pop up on supercharge.info - no link to a thread so thought I would create one!

View attachment 289473

I drove around the entire property at Bella Terra today. I have highlighted an aerial view of where I believe the most likely locations are for the upcoming Supercharger.

A1765B9E-80B9-49F7-95EC-BBF767D48F88.jpeg

The yellow area had some construction equipment and workers in it. They said they were not installing Superchargers but they could be there doing work prior to the team that will install the Tesla portion.

The green area would also make sense for a parking garage rooftop location.

The rest of the property is scattered with standalone buildings and would be at risk for ICEing because of the close distance to major shopping areas.

I think the back end of Bella Terra behind the parking garage or rooftop of the parking garage are the best locations. They are far enough from major attractions to prevent getting ICE’d but still close enough to utilize the amenities of the shopping center. Just my two cents.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
The permit references the "structure," and I'm hoping that they put the Supercharges on the roof of the structure. Bella Terra is a hot hot hot mess at times. Between Costco and the movie theaters, having the Superchargers on the ground level of the parking lot will guarantee lots of ICE-ing (around Christmas, that place is way crazy). I live in the area, and I try to avoid Bella Terra when possible.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
The permit references the "structure," and I'm hoping that they put the Supercharges on the roof of the structure. Bella Terra is a hot hot hot mess at times. Between Costco and the movie theaters, having the Superchargers on the ground level of the parking lot will guarantee lots of ICE-ing (around Christmas, that place is way crazy). I live in the area, and I try to avoid Bella Terra when possible.

The top of the parking garage works and they have done it in the past. I believe the parking structure is 5+ levels and it took some time to get to the top when I was scoping things out last week.

Agreed about it being a hot mess. :)

I went by yesterday and saw no activity and no sign of construction. I went to Costco, and I checked out the ground level area along Center Avenue. I also went up in the parking structure and walked up to the top level. I didn't see any activity. I'm usually there every 2 to 3 weeks. I'll check back and let you know on my next trip.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I went by yesterday and saw no activity and no sign of construction. I went to Costco, and I checked out the ground level area along Center Avenue. I also went up in the parking structure and walked up to the top level. I didn't see any activity. I'm usually there every 2 to 3 weeks. I'll check back and let you know on my next trip.

Went by again yesterday (Wednesday, May 16). Nothing happening.

… and no guarantee we will see anything, especially anytime soon. I e-mailed an inquiry to the Bella Terra management folks and got the following:

Me: "I’ve heard a rumor that a Tesla ‘supercharger’ car charging station is coming to Bella Terra. Is this true? If so, where will it be located, and do you have any idea when construction is scheduled to start?"

Them: "We are currently working the details out. There is no definitive answer as to when, or if it will happen."

I'd have thought that Tesla would work the details out before starting the permitting process?