TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Huntsville, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by LonestarV, Aug 17, 2018.

1. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Needed some "driving therapy" so took a long lunch and buzzed over to Hunstville.

Pulled up to 3B and was getting amazing charging speed early on:
    20180817_124935.jpg

..but then about 15 minutes in the stall derped out on me and said something along the lines of "there is a problem with the stall". As a newb, should I report that to someone somewhere or is there automagic monitoring of stuff like that?

Anyhow, moved over to 1A and finished the session with no issues.

2. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    interesting how the battery data is different on the 3 as it was on my S.

20170917_124207.jpg

3. arcus

arcus Active Member

I always call and report. There's no automated monitoring as far as I know. They are usually very grateful that someone is notifying them and they will dispatch the crew to check it out.

4. Black96z

Black96z Member

The Huntsville SC is having some major issues. I tried to call Tesla on Friday and Sunday about it, but the waits were over an hour both times.

Both 2 A&B are out of commission although their lights are on. 3 A&B the lights are off, but they do deliver some power, but not much. 1A and 1B are hit or miss on the power output. On Sunday night there was a M3 on 1B while I was on 1A. After charging for about 1-2 minutes the power would shut off with a message to check charge handle. The charge ring on my car would be red and when I would click the button to pull it out of the car I could see the M3 indicator light come on red. After I pulled the handle out of my car the M3 would turn blue and I reinserted the charge handle into my car. Both cars would be blue and I could hear a bunch of clicks from the charge cabinets behind the fence. After about 30 seconds there would be another click and the cars would signal green and start charging for a few minutes. After about the 4th or 5th restart it charged for a good 10 minutes and I had enough juice to make it home so I left. I don't know if Tesla monitors these forums, or if someone here has an email for SC support, but we need to report these and get them repaired.

5. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

I once quizzed phone support about reporting SC issues. They said you can’t report it by email, you have to phone it in, so I always call when I start charging and wait for them to pick up. They usually pick up before I unplug. Their support guy encouraged me to keep calling in problems, so I don’t think they’re aware of these outages unless we call.

Right now the Nav reports that 4 of 6 stalls are available in Huntsville. It should report reduced service if they were aware of the problem.