Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hutto, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is already directing us to go around Austin when traveling on I-35 (e.g. DFW to San Antonio or back), based on a recent trip. This will be the icing on the cake.

P.S. The I-35 supercharger in Austin is one of the worst locations in all of the supercharger network. Whoever put it there was clueless about Texas and Austin.

Reactions: CarlS
P.S. The I-35 supercharger in Austin is one of the worst locations in all of the supercharger network. Whoever put it there was clueless about Texas and Austin
Agreed. And lot of construction leading to that road too. And it is not 150KW either. We really need Cedar park SC to be up and running.. like yesterday.

Tesla is already directing us to go around Austin when traveling on I-35 (e.g. DFW to San Antonio or back), based on a recent trip. This will be the icing on the cake.

P.S. The I-35 supercharger in Austin is one of the worst locations in all of the supercharger network. Whoever put it there was clueless about Texas and Austin.
No love for Highland Mall? It's a good central location with 2222/290 crossing I-35

A little more information on this one from the Permit filed with the city of Hutto:

Description
Electric vehicle charging station with 1600 amp electrical service.

Hutto.PNG

Possible movement?

Nothing Tesla-specific but it's the correct host, the power lines run along the road there, that looks like a pile of conduit piping and it's the kind of sub-prime parking area they'd want to put them.

@MarcoRP or @Chuq can you move the pin to the highlighted area of the site?

Attachments

• hutto_tx.png
    hutto_tx.png
    968.6 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Chuq
Sub-prime parking area? It is right in front of the gas station and HEB. How close can you get to a big store like HEB ? Worried it might get iced.

Precisely, it's not where people would choose to park If they were either going to the Express or the main grocery store, so it won't get ICEd.
It's a good sign for it being the new Supercharger.

Reactions: PSJoe96
Why not prefab? Around the middle of the strip is an electrical switch box of some sort, perhaps associated with the gas station, and it looks like that space will need to be skipped. Maybe the prefab units wouldn't be able to work around that spot.

side note - Round Rock wasn't built with prefab units.
A good example of the prefab units are the main 8 stalls at Kyle or the (not public) installation at GigaTexas.
The upside is that they got Round Rock built really quickly without those :)

Reactions: CarlS