Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, CA (I-95 NB and SB Rest Areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a photo of Northbound today
B54ED203-8C8A-4AA6-95A7-40DDB5923838.jpeg

Still no pedestals. Milford Mall still the best bet traveling through CT on I-95, until they open Fairfield rest area (should be soon).

I am hoping this is all set before we head down to Philadelphia for Christmas.
My preference is always the Merritt through CT, in which case North Stamford is the best charging location - just off the highway and good amenities (Starbucks, Trader Joes, High Ridge Deli, Cobbs Bread, and across the street is a diner and Burger King). Plus plenty of other stores.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Still no pedestals. Milford Mall still the best bet traveling through CT on I-95, until they open Fairfield rest area (should be soon).

My preference is always the Merritt through CT, in which case North Stamford is the best charging location - just off the highway and good amenities (Starbucks, Trader Joes, High Ridge Deli, Cobbs Bread, and across the street is a diner and Burger King). Plus plenty of other stores.

I stopped in North Stamford “after hours” on my last trip. I found it extremely hard to find and it had zero options at that time. I also found the angled parking to be bizarre as its not really needed in that tucked away spot.

Additionally I think the Merritt has a lot of issues. There is the low speed limit, tight turns, most of the onramps are terrible and the rest stops are very small and can get overcrowded easily. The one with supercharging is slow and almost always iced. Recently theres also been a ton of construction along various parts so hopefully they are making it better but in the short term it is miserable.

Last edited:
I stopped in North Stamford “after hours” on my last trip. I found it extremely hard to find and it had zero options at that time. I also found the angled parking to be bizarre as its not really needed in that tucked away spot.

Additionally I think the Merritt has a lot of issues. There is the low speed limit, tight turns, most of the onramps are terrible and the rest stops are very small and can get overcrowded easily. The one with supercharging is slow and almost always iced. Recently theres also been a ton of construction along various parts so hopefully they are making it better but in the short term it is miserable.
No way! The Merritt is almost always the better option for traveling through Connecticut to or from the NYC area. Note, not considering charging, just driving speed and traffic.

The Merritt is good if you go during off-hours. If you're depending on the Greenwich rest stop SC's, you're gonna have a bad time.

Having North Stamford is nice. Our annual Christmas drive from N. Central MA to VA is only a week and a half away. We'll see which path through CT the Nav takes us....

Yes, and I find the Autopilot has a hard time navigating the curves at speed in my X. I used to always use 15, but now use I-95

Yes, there are two turns in Greenwich where it is better to slow down to 100mph. :)

Fewer trucks is nice too.

I've also seen plenty of trucks stuck under the greenich bridge at the NY border. One time even saw they had to cut one length wise bc it looked like an accordian

Yes, and I find the Autopilot has a hard time navigating the curves at speed in my X. I used to always use 15, but now use I-95

same in my 3, it doesnt seem to "see" the curves until it has to make jarring speed adjustments so I flip it off before any major curves and re-engage on the flats

also the merrit has a lot of construction on it in the westport area now that i dont trust ap to navigate well

The Merritt is good if you go during off-hours. If you're depending on the Greenwich rest stop SC's, you're gonna have a bad time.

Having North Stamford is nice. Our annual Christmas drive from N. Central MA to VA is only a week and a half away. We'll see which path through CT the Nav takes us....

I’ve done Maine to VA over 10 times in my 3 and it’s always taken me on the same route, using the Merritt.

I’m wondering if the V3 chargers on 95 will actually cause it to route to 95 for at least part of the trip now. I’m sure it’s smart enough to calculate in time savings of staying on the road at a V3 station vs getting off the highway to go to a V2.