Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, CA (I-95 NB and SB Rest Areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve done Maine to VA over 10 times in my 3 and it’s always taken me on the same route, using the Merritt.

I’m wondering if the V3 chargers on 95 will actually cause it to route to 95 for at least part of the trip now. I’m sure it’s smart enough to calculate in time savings of staying on the road at a V3 station vs getting off the highway to go to a V2.

Good point. When there are V3 superchargers on your route, I wonder if changing the "reroute if route saves xxx minutes" setting in navigation will change anything.

I'd be happy to report on that in a week and a half, if they ever turn on some of the V3 superchargers on the East coast..... Lol

Good point. When there are V3 superchargers on your route, I wonder if changing the "reroute if route saves xxx minutes" setting in navigation will change anything.

I'd be happy to report on that in a week and a half, if they ever turn on some of the V3 superchargers on the East coast..... Lol

The Portland ME chargers (just opened) are 150 kw. I got 142 kW last week there. Also Jackman ME, but that's pretty far off I-95.

The Portland ME chargers (just opened) are 150 kw. I got 142 kW last week there. Also Jackman ME, but that's pretty far off I-95.

I have a place in Norway. I don't need to charge between my house and there, since it's only about 160 miles...unless I forgot to before leaving.

I wouldn't go out of my way for Portland, since it's still only a v2. When I go north, I usually stop at Kennebunk rest area.

There are no v3's planned for Maine at the moment (as far as anyone knows....Bethel is still only in the Permit phase...)

Can a December 2018 X take advantage of 250 kw charging, or is it only the newest 3s?

Nope, only the 3 and the newest Raven powertrain Model S/X (March 2019+). The LR 3 can take the full 250 for only a small amount of time at a low state of charge before it tapers off. The Raven S/X can take about 200kW at peak. A full charge on an LR 3 is cut from 60m to 40m and most charges from below 20% to 80% should be taking sub 25m on V3.

This is why I suggest North Stamford. It is typical for Greenwich and Darien to be full. That will change when they open Fairfield, Madison, and the Darien expansion, but for now N Stamford is a better bet.

upload_2019-12-12_10-49-56.png

Southbound rest stop today! Units are on-site and actively bring bring installed. Electricians said 10days to 2 weeks to complete installation :)
(Unfortunately,I did not have time to swing by Northbound location. Do not know the status of that work.)View attachment 495681 View attachment 495682
I passed by south bound and saw cabinets on the ground earlier today as well, thanks for asking for a time estimate!