Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, CA (I-95 NB and SB Rest Areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Fairfield Connecticut "wins" for being the first working V3 Supercharging in New England:
Supercharger - Fairfield

See also this handy V3 only map that @MarkeR2002 pointed out:
Tesla V3 Superchargers - Google My Maps

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Superchargers are under construction at the I95 Madison rest areas, both northbound and southbound, between exits 61 and 62. Both are 10 stalls. I stopped by this morning to check it out.

The northbound stations are behind the McDonald's building in the back of the lot (follow the truck parking signs). The conduits are installed, and the concrete pads for the charging pedestals are poured (pictures below).

The southbound stations are a bit behind. When I stopped by this morning, the workers were building forms for the concrete pedestal bases (conduits were already in place). I did not take pictures (sometimes the workers don't like it).

I spoke briefly to one of the workers, who confirmed they were Tesla stations. He said they should be ready "in a couple of months."

Northbound:
View attachment 443037 View attachment 443038 View attachment 443039
@BlueShift
... 5 months later - no closer to opening!

Northbound still in boxes as of Saturday, January 11th, 2020.

Attachments

• B51517EA-830D-4B8F-8DC9-71A4A9A1B85D.jpeg
    B51517EA-830D-4B8F-8DC9-71A4A9A1B85D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 98
Reactions: mociaf9 and ima747
94F1C787-1DB9-4402-8F44-43AFA39EAF9F.jpeg
Visited both south and north and can report they are both still powered down. South had coming soon sights up over the Tesla signs and one pedestal still partially bagged. North had no bags. None of the pedestals were numbered yet. Soon. I also visited New London on the way by and it’s definitely well under way. Will post separately in that thread.

Reactions: Lobstahz
On the screen in our car, both Madison and New London superchargers are now shown on the map (of supercharger locations).
There is no way New London was finished and commissioned in the past few days - the supercharger cabinets were onsite but not yet unwrapped, and the pedestals had not yet been delivered. It is quite possible both Madison north and south are up though.