Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, CA (I-95 NB and SB Rest Areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
Superchargers are under construction at the I95 Madison rest areas, both northbound and southbound, between exits 61 and 62. Both are 10 stalls. I stopped by this morning to check it out.

The northbound stations are behind the McDonald's building in the back of the lot (follow the truck parking signs). The conduits are installed, and the concrete pads for the charging pedestals are poured (pictures below).

The southbound stations are a bit behind. When I stopped by this morning, the workers were building forms for the concrete pedestal bases (conduits were already in place). I did not take pictures (sometimes the workers don't like it).

I spoke briefly to one of the workers, who confirmed they were Tesla stations. He said they should be ready "in a couple of months."

Northbound:
rps20190817_125343.jpg
rps20190817_125254.jpg
rps20190817_125504.jpg

@BlueShift

Superchargers are under construction at the I95 Madison rest areas, both northbound and southbound, between exits 61 and 62. Both are 10 stalls. I stopped by this morning to check it out.

The northbound stations are behind the McDonald's building in the back of the lot (follow the truck parking signs). The conduits are installed, and the concrete pads for the charging pedestals are poured (pictures below).

The southbound stations are a bit behind. When I stopped by this morning, the workers were building forms for the concrete pedestal bases (conduits were already in place). I did not take pictures (sometimes the workers don't like it).

I spoke briefly to one of the workers, who confirmed they were Tesla stations. He said they should be ready "in a couple of months."

Northbound:
View attachment 443037 View attachment 443038 View attachment 443039
@BlueShift
And @Chuq @Mr. PlugShare

Northbound:
View attachment 443037 View attachment 443038 View attachment 443039
@BlueShift

Woohoo!! Finally some superchargers for southeast CT!

So I've wondered about this - do you work for Plugshare? People tag you into these threads like you are, but your sig says "Note: I am NOT the moderator of PlugShare," so I'm confused.

Does @Chuq work with @BlueShift on supercharge.info, or run another site?
1- usually it just concerns questions about PlugShare or why SC locations have not appeared on PlugShare. I think I should change my username honestly.

2- BlueShift, Chuq, tes-s, myself, and others moderate Supercharge Info. When there is a change to be made at a site, you can call any one of us (with the “@“ so that we are more likely to see it), the more you name, the quicker the response will be, quicker the change will take place.

If you want to become an editor, the link is here: How to become a supercharge.info editor (note: my process took a while so it might be quicker just to DM BlueShift/Keith through TmC)

1- usually it just concerns questions about PlugShare or why SC locations have not appeared on PlugShare. I think I should change my username honestly.

2- BlueShift, Chuq, tes-s, myself, and others moderate Supercharge Info. When there is a change to be made at a site, you can call any one of us (with the “@“ so that we are more likely to see it), the more you name, the quicker the response will be, quicker the change will take place.

If you want to become an editor, the link is here: How to become a supercharge.info editor (note: my process took a while so it might be quicker just to DM BlueShift/Keith through TmC)
Ah, got it. I had assumed supercharge.info was a one-man show. I didn't realize there were some many moderators/editors. Thanks for doing it.

Reactions: MarcoRP and byeLT4
So I've wondered about this - do you work for Plugshare? People tag you into these threads like you are, but your sig says "Note: I am NOT the moderator of PlugShare," so I'm confused.

Does @Chuq work with @BlueShift on supercharge.info, or run another site?
I usually make sure @Chuq and @Mr. PlugShare are tagged because they have been very responsive and I think @BlueShift is busy with other things; since @Chuq is in Australia, @Mr. PlugShare is apt to be more responsive during our daytime hours. I sometimes add @tes-s, but I know he is busy working on the Most Superchargers Visited project, so I try not to burden him :)

Reactions: Big Earl
Madison, CT

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95:
To: Old Lyme, CT (Permit) - 13.8 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: East Greenwich, RI - 70 miles

To: Mansfield, MA - 104.4 miles

More I-95 Supercharger density and capacity.

I drove by all 3 of the southbound SCs on 95 in CT today, Darien, Fairfield, and Madison, and they're all at the same point.

All construction looks complete except the SC cabinets and changing pedestals. The ground is all closed up and paving, landscaping, and signs are up, with a coming soon paper taped to them. One of these threads reported that it was expected to be complete "before Thanksgiving" and that looks very likely at this point.

Reactions: Tdreamer and EdA