Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have we ever gone this long between the turn on of a supercharger and a picture of a car charging at the supercharger.

What a bunch of slackers. :p

Here you go. We were there twice over the weekend. Saw another one from CA who we followed to West Yellowstone. This is a great location with the food options and river nearby.

Attachments

• IMG_20160618_104506.jpg
    IMG_20160618_104506.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
In general traffic for the eclipse is going to be insane. Cities are declaring emergencies to gain access to funds for everyone that will be visiting. Not sure what that will mean for superchargers, probably higher than normal.. but packed?

As I just wrote on the Pocatello thread before noticing this one has the activity:

Hard to imagine it could be any worse than Lusk on the travel days for the Tesla Rally in Custer. (Four stalls and lots of folks coming from the Denver/Ft. Collins/Colorado Springs areas.) Plan for an extra hour and you should be fine. I think traffic in general will probably be the bigger problem.

Won't someone post pictures of line at this supercharger? Or did the congestion fail to show?
No news is good news I hope! I've been following the congestion issues for the superchargers on the way to Oregon and I've actually been pleasantly surprised that it hasn't sounded too awful. Quick summary here is that Corning and Mt. Shasta were long waits, up to 4 hours or more. There have been small lines at Centralia and Woodburn and possibly Klamath Falls, but nothing too terrible. I haven't heard anything from Grants Pass or Springfield but I'm guessing they've had lines at times as well.

What surprised me the most is that Centralia hasn't backed up more. I think if Centralia is holding up okay, then you should do alright with Pocatello and Idaho Falls being so close to each other and also supporting a smaller local population when compared to the Seattle area. The fact that both Pocatello and Idaho Falls are 8 stalls each is nice too. 4-stall Mt. Shasta was a disaster waiting to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
NOTICE TO TESLA DRIVERS

4 JULY 2018

The city is having a HUGE festival and fireworks, and the Supercharger is blocked off today.

Second issue - the navigation display showed only 1 of 8 stalls available, and naturally that makes it seem like it’s both “in use” and available.

It’s not. Their data is wrong. It was also wrong at Pocatello, where it showed 4 of 8 in use, but there were no cars.

Third issue. Stall 3B started at a normal 115kW, and then dropped to 40kW within a few minutes (I started charging at 6%, and nobody arrived, nor is anybody sharing a charger “A/B”)