Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 8 Superchargers are all partially installed!

20200117_160401.jpg
20200117_160438.jpg

Is this something an SR+ would notice? I can only charge to 170 anyways, but anything above 130kw is awesome for my experience.

Yes, being that the power in a V3 is not paired/shared with another charger you’d get max power every time you plug in. The SR+ used to only be able to pull 100kW but one of the last updates bumped us to 170kW which can make a difference of about 5mins I’ve read. Not something I’d turn down ever while road tripping.

now of course to pull 170kW you’d need to be pre-conditioning en route to the SC and probably have been driving for around 20-30mins prior to that. So many variables for max charging but it happens, even the bigger batteries in the LR & P’s hit the full 250kW on a V3 for a few mins before it tapers off.

Introducing V3 Supercharging

Work ongoing today.. the last two cabinets have been installed and it looks like wire is being pulled to some of the stalls. Tesla employees on site too, maybe starting commissioning? I am going to go take photos after they end work for the day.

Sweet. I happen to be heading up to the mountains at the end of the week, so if you could tell them that I need it by, say, Friday afternoon, that'd be great.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kirbster