TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Improvements - 2020.24.6.1 - What Battery?

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by n.one.one, Jun 26, 2020.

1. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

The release notes for 2020.24.6.1 include these notes for some X & S Models:
    • Supercharger Improvements
    • Your car is now able to charge at V3 Superchargers at up to 225kW peak rates. As usual, when you navigate to a Supercharger, your car will condition its battery during the drive, so it can charge faster.
    My 2020 MXLR+ was manufactured in mid March 2020 but I didn't get the Supercharger improvements. I think it relates to the battery pack and I've seen references to battery pack IIUC and also to battery ID 93. Nothing I've seen has referred to battery revision E or F. Would the IIUC or battery ID 93 be on the battery label behind the passenger side front tire (like E or F are)?

What are the specific battery requirements to get the Supercharger improvements and is it unusual that I didn't get them with a mid March 2020 manufacturing date? The answers won't change anything but it would be nice to know.

• Informative x 1
  2. zanary

zanary Active Member

Someone online said it’s for the new packs that have arrived June manufactured Model S/X vehicles. I can’t find the tweet but I do recall seeing June in it.

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

People have reported getting that release note in their S/X with the battery part number ending in G.

• Informative x 1
  4. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

Good info...thanks.

5. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

I have a 2019 MX and I got 199khw for a brief moment today while charging

it was so short lived that by the time I got the Camera running it had dropped to 195

it could be the Florida heat, was about 91 today

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  6. Geezzer

Geezzer Member

I have 2020.24.6.1 on my June 2018 MX 100D and saw 154 Kwh at a V3 charger today in Mackinaw city, MI

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  7. zanary

zanary Active Member

Same.

I got 154 kW at the v3 Supercharger at the factory... however once I got close to 50%, it went down to 89 kW...

Sept 2017 Model S P100D with 40,500 miles on it, and about 45% Fast DC, and 55% AC charging (according to ScanMyTesla data).