TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger in Antelope Valley (unconfirmed, no location known)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by gaswalla, Dec 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

If you look at the updated supercharger map (Supercharger | Tesla Motors), as of today, there is a new location that seems to be on the same latitude as Tejon Ranch and Barstow, in between them. Any speculation on this future location? I'm thinking it's Lancaster or Palmdale, CA, (AKA Antelope Valley). Any smart folks in the know with better ideas?

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I've heard from reliable sources that there is a Supercharger on the way to Mojave, CA. Could that be what you are seeing?

3. emupilot

emupilot Member

I looked at that dot and I think it lines up with Mojave on the map, which between logic and Cottonwood's little birdie friends makes sense.

4. fstech

fstech Member

I also seen that on the map recently. Possibly Mojave/Palmdale Ca. area and North of that possibly Ridgecrest/Inyokern CA?

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Yep... Looks like Mojave. Thanks.

6. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Happy to have a SpC in Mojave. Just wondering why it doesn't go in at the intersection of the 14 and 395. Maybe there was no suitable location?

7. cpa

cpa Member

It looks like there might be a dot around Inyokern, which would make it reasonable for people from Orange County or the Inland Empire to charge before heading on up 395. Inyokern does not offer a lot to a passing traveler, but then neither do Quartzsite or Green River.

I would have lobbied for the brewery at Indian Springs, but that would have been too close to Mojave for those coming from the San Fernando Valley or from the Central Valley.