Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Ft. Myers confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to quibble, but to meet the "Triple the number of Tesla Supercharger stations by the end of next month" {June 2013} commitment in the press release, all of the Summer 2013 dots need to be complete this month. Exciting if that's what they mean and that's what they execute. Tesla Dramatically Expands Supercharger Network, Delivering Convenient, Free long Distance Driving Throughout U.S. and Canada (NASDAQ:TSLA)

I think they need to get most of the Summer 2013 dots online by the end of June, in order for the press release to be true, but not quite all. I count 20 gray dots on the Summer 2013 map. (There's one almost completely hidden by the red dot near Sacramento, and two overlapping near NYC.) I think it's fair to say there are 8 superchargers today (counting Milford northbound/southbound chargers as one).

So 28 total for summer, but only 24 by the end of June. Not that Tesla always meets their schedule.

Has anyone passed by this location recently? If so, can someone speak to the amount of progress made on the construction?

Hi Ethan,

As of June 9th construction hadn't started.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/17627-SW-FL-Tesla-Group?p=359546&viewfull=1#post359546

attachment.php?attachmentid=23474&d=1370833098.jpg

What rims? I do not see any rims.

I'm glad you said it. ;)

Exactly! :biggrin:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think construction can start until they pick up the permit from the permit office. The status has said "ready for pick-up" for weeks.

Hi Ron,

Which status? Lee County sent an approve letter on June 23rd and approved the engineering plans. I didn't see anything about picking up a permit.

http://permits.leegov.com/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=LDO2013-00245

Larry

I don't think construction can start until they pick up the permit from the permit office. The status has said "ready for pick-up" for weeks.

Thanks.

The detailed disposition now says "Done" as of June 6th for "Ready for Pick-up". I assume this means Lee County finished their part on June 6th.

The Case Status still says "Ready for Pick-up".

Larry

Last edited:
Lol! I wish!!! That would have been perfect but it turns out that all of you will just have to return again when it is completed.

Erol,

That's true. I'm thinking that having the first working Superchargers in Florida would be an attraction that would encourage participation from club members all over the state!

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Funny. Looks like the permit was picked up the day after we talked about it not being picked up.

:smile: