Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Ft. Myers confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local NBC station private messaged me earlier today about an interview at the Fort Myers supercharger site. He told me it should air around 5:20pm today on NBC-2. The chargers looked closed to being finished. Have to back in to the spots; we tried plugging in and it seems like the car recognized the connection as the green light started blinking, but no charging yet obviously. The workers came over to check out the car.

Wow, this looks like it should be operational soon! I have plans to go to MACNA (Marine Aquarium Conference) in Ft Lauderdale at the end of August, and I was bummed it wouldn't be practical to drive the MS. This changes everything!

@Btrflyl8e: if the SC isn't open you're welcome to top off at our HPWC. We're off exit 210 which is almost exactly halfway for your trip. BTW, I'm heavily involved with Mote Marine Laboratory and although I'm not planning on attending that conference I believe some of our folks are.

@Btrflyl8e: if the SC isn't open you're welcome to top off at our HPWC. We're off exit 210 which is almost exactly halfway for your trip. BTW, I'm heavily involved with Mote Marine Laboratory and although I'm not planning on attending that conference I believe some of our folks are.
thanks Nigel! I'll definitely kep that as a backup plan!

Wow, this looks like it should be operational soon! I have plans to go to MACNA (Marine Aquarium Conference) in Ft Lauderdale at the end of August, and I was bummed it wouldn't be practical to drive the MS. This changes everything!

I stopped by on Tuesday afternoon and the parking plugs look to be done. There were still some tarps over the "box equipment", but it appeared operational. I'll see if I can post some pics later. (Dont have a Tesla (yet) so I couldn't try it out)

thanks Nigel! I'll definitely kep that as a backup plan!

Hi Christal,

As an interim or supplement to Supercharging, you may wish to consider joining our Club Charging Network where participating club members share there home charging source with traveling members. We currently have about 40 locations spread across the state. Please contact me directly at [email protected] if this interests you.

Larry

Hi Christal,As an interim or supplement to Supercharging, you may wish to consider joining our Club Charging Network where participating club members share there home charging source with traveling members. We currently have about 40 locations spread across the state. Please contact me directly at [email protected] if this interests you.Larry
thanks, Larry! I am aware of that awesome network, but with 3 cars I assumed I'd never need it, and I am not convenient to anything for anyone lol. no one told me I would never want to drive my ICE ever again..,