Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Ft. Myers confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were going to tell you, but thought it might be rubbing it in too much while you were still waiting.:smile:
How sweet... I did have to move my Genesis back a bit in the driveway the other day and insisted there was a problem with the steering... That it needed fluid or something. Apparently I'm just spoiled now, lol. I also got out without turning it off.

The local news stations in Fort Myers are going crazy over the story. They LOVE the SC station... Here's a link to the latest local CBS news. Another great interview by our local celebrity, Miss Erol!

Tesla Superchargers at Gulf Coast Town Center

BTW, does anyone have any guesses as to whether this SC will be the 90kW or the new 120kW SC that I've been hearing about on the west coast?

LOL! I was hoping you and Binh would come and steal the show. At least it wasn't raining this time. :biggrin:

I read this article about the 120kW SC rollouts a little over a month ago. http://www.teslamotors.com/en_DK/forum/forums/now-breaking-120kw-charging

Last edited:
Another good interview MissErol, thanks for a great job representing us!

Thank you Bob for the support. :biggrin:

So it looks like Tesla will not be having a ribbon cutting in Ft. Myers along with Port St. Lucie. I am still hoping to have a meet-up at a restaurant in Gulf Coast Town Center where the SC is. I am starting a new thread and would like to invite you all to post any thoughts and ideas. Also I encourage anyone that can be there for the Port St. Lucie opening to attend. Maybe we can form a Tesla cars parade on our trip there.

So it looks like Tesla will not be having a ribbon cutting in Ft. Myers along with Port St. Lucie. I am still hoping to have a meet-up at a restaurant in Gulf Coast Town Center where the SC is. I am starting a new thread and would like to invite you all to post any thoughts and ideas. Also I encourage anyone that can be there for the Port St. Lucie opening to attend. Maybe we can form a Tesla cars parade on our trip there.

Hi Erol,

I'll be at Port St Lucie on the 24th. Hope to visit the Fort Myers station when it opens. Keep us posted.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Painters were there to paint the fence. They were told everything should be finished Thursday. All electric instections passed. Nice guys.

Last edited:
Following along from Phoenix East Valley... Thanks so much for the pictures and information. I visited the two newest northern SCS's in Burlington WA and Centralia WA just before they went on line. It's great to see the network expanding. Out west we are looking to connect to the west coast via new SCS's along the US 10 corridor. Hopefully Buckeye AZ, Blythe CA or AZ, Indio CA... near Palm Springs CA and one kinda near Beaumont CA. Once those SCS's are in place we will be able to travel on the SCS super highway all the way from Phoenix to Vancouver BC Canada!! ..... here comes your ribbon cutting ceremony and your SCS will be amped up and charge ready! Florida's next one after Port St. Lucie will be....? where ? ..... I'm not sold on the Daytona Motor Speedway location just yet... the permit just says charging stations, which makes me think level two public stations... hummmm. I hope you all have a huge gathering of TESLA MS owners at your ribbon cutting ceremony:)!!

We'll have to check Monday to see if the solid waste and final structural permits were approved.

Larry

Three more inspections requested today.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Florida's next one after Port St. Lucie will be....? where ? ..... I'm not sold on the Daytona Motor Speedway location just yet... the permit just says charging stations, which makes me think level two public stations... hummmm. I hope you all have a huge gathering of TESLA MS owners at your ribbon cutting ceremony:)!!

If you look at the photos in this thread you'll see that the Ft. Myers Superchargers at Gulfcoast Town Center are essentially constructed and awaiting a few permits. That is likely the next operational Florida Supercharger after Port St. Lucie.

It was determined a month ago that the permits for chargers near Daytona Motor Speedway were for 8 level 2 chargers. We have photos of them.

A press release by CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. stated that Superchargers would be installed at The Pavilion at Port Orange in Port Orange, FL. The Tesla Supercharger interactive map show three Superchargers are planned to be completed in Florida by summer 2013. The dots on that map coorespond nicely with the three locations that we have been discussing.

Thanks, we share your enthusiasm!!

Larry

Last edited:
A press release by CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. stated that Superchargers would be installed at The Pavilion at Port Orange in Port Orange, FL. The Tesla Supercharger interactive map show three Superchargers are planned to be completed in Florida by summer 2013. The dots on that map coorespond nicely with the three locations that we have been discussing.

I happened to be at the Dania Beach SC today and asked if they knew when the Port Orange SCS would be ready. I was told they don't get much advance notice of an opening date, in fact we here on TMC might be getting better advance notice than Tesla employees do! She guessed however it might not be until early next year which sucks if that is the case :crying:

I happened to be at the Dania Beach SC today and asked if they knew when the Port Orange SCS would be ready. I was told they don't get much advance notice of an opening date, in fact we here on TMC might be getting better advance notice than Tesla employees do! She guessed however it might not be until early next year which sucks if that is the case :crying:

Daniel,

Tesla doesn't do advance notice very well.

If the Dania Beach employee has no information I wouldn't give any credence to her guess. The Tesla website says it will be done by summer 2013. Summer ends in September. I would be quite pleased with that.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Two of the three permits that were requested yesterday were approved.

Two permits currently remain to be approved.

Larry

Now, I know I am a long way from Florida, but is interesting to follow along as your superchargers go online. I want to comment on the next few superchargers around the country. I can't imagine that there are not several under construction somewhere around the U.S. I've been scouring TMC and Tesla forums for information. Soooo, if at your events at Port St. Lucie and your FTMC ribbon cutting ceremony in Fort Meyers do turn up any information, please share asap:smile:. Know one knows better than your group of Tesla MS owners how much interest there is in NEW supercharger locations:cool: