Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendive, MT (LIVE Jun 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DFB0DFA9-3CD6-4B39-90C6-0B7E4EDE3127.jpeg
AE67678E-9978-47B9-81AC-36565276C476.jpeg
0EFF6FAC-D3A8-4174-A1E8-6C875E63FE8C.jpeg
8EF3CDF7-0EAC-4AC8-81D0-6017067A5F46.jpeg
8EF3CDF7-0EAC-4AC8-81D0-6017067A5F46.jpeg
Crews are almost done running wires and will be finishing cement work by Monday. This is by the Holiday Inn Express there along the west side of their parking lot. Plan for the crew is to head west to Miles City afterwards.

I-94

Glendive, MT

Along Primary Interstates: I-94
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-94

To: Dickinson, ND (Construction) - 97.1 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Bismarck, ND (Construction) - 193.4 miles

This is one of 3 sites needed in Montana to "complete" I-94.

From the OP's post, one of the other ones will Miles City, MT, while Tesla indicates Bighorn, MT for the other, which could be in Custer, MT.

Reactions: KJD
+1. Awesome. NDak here we come. Well, after winter is over.;)
Why wait if we have superchargers!?

but for next summer you can expect a ludicrous Raven Model S to show up at the drag strip to set a 1/4 Mile time :)

Does Montana have an active Tesla group at all? The North Dakota Tesla group stays and communication via Facebook. Myself and the OP are both admins of the group.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I live in Billings but work in Miles City. I have been looking over the probable spots for some months and searching the permits. Haven't seen anything yet. I will be back in town tomorrow and will check again.

What’s your ride?

Just looking at google maps, the most logical locations in order.

1. Sleep Inn & Suites parking lot , its huge. And a McD’s next door.
2. Motel 6 still easy walking to food

3. Black Iron Grill , Probably the Back side of restaurant. Or the businesses next to it.

4. Either of the Two Lodging locations on the south side of I-94 ( not desirable but better than nothing)

Since you are driving back an forth from Billings, could you check Custer. They only have 1 likely possibility. The Sure Stop gas station or the restaurant next to it.

Bighorn, Mt is nothing more than a Post Office and a couple houses. Was probably just a point on a map chosen because its halfway between Billings and Miles City.

Hysham is possible, but is like Custer one Gas station.

The Most probable is Foresyth, Mt. looks like they have a few possible locations.

Right, the Sleep Inn would likely be best in Miles City. In any case, I regularly check all those noted locations as well as some less likely. I drive past those spots every day to work. I have also been passing through Custer and Bighorn now and again for a look-see. Hysham is the best compromise between distance and possible sites. Custer would be ok as well. Forsyth is too close to Miles City and Bighorn doesn't even have a paved parking lot. P3D-.........

Last edited:
Right, the Sleep Inn would likely be best in Miles City. In any case, I regularly check all those noted locations as well as some less likely. I drive past those spots every day to work. I have also been passing through Custer and Bighorn now and again for a look-see. Hysham is the best compromise between distance and possible sites. Custer would be ok as well. Forsyth is too close to Miles City and Bighorn doesn't even have a paved parking lot. P3D-.........
Do you stay in town for the week or daily commute? Are you able to charge someplace in town or do you have enough juice for a round trip?

Sweet! I also have a P3D stealth.

Last edited:
I stay in town for 3 days to a week a few times a month. The trip is 150 miles door to door. I charge the P3D-, 310 range, on a 120 v circuit at the apartment or the same at the hospital. That works fine in warm weather and when I have at least two days in town but not so well for round trips and maybe not so well when it's -25 degrees. I haven't done the winter thing in the Tesla yet as I bought the car in August of this year. Anyway, for me the SC will be a bit of added security. There is a 14-50 charger at the local KOA.

Last edited:
The Supercharger will be helpful if I need to get out of town right quick-like. You know, if some Miles City desperado points out........."this town ain't big enough for the both of us"........and I ain't armed that particular day. As long as I'm charged more like......."Seeings as how this here's a Tesla Performance Model 3 with track mode, son, and it'll blow the tires clean off that BMW.......you gotta ask yourself one question..........."

The Supercharger will be helpful if I need to get out of town right quick-like. You know, if some Miles City desperado points out........."this town ain't big enough for the both of us"........and I ain't armed that particular day. As long as I'm charged more like......."Seeings as how this here's a Tesla Performance Model 3 with track mode, son, and it'll blow the tires clean off that BMW.......you gotta ask yourself one question..........."

that would be good.

Just curious, do you have the Nema 5-20 UMC adapter? This will let you charge at 16A and get you 6 miles per hour charge rate. It will plug into most outside outlets even the standard Nema 5-15 receptacle with a 5-20 to 5-15 adapter. You can get over a 100 miles per day based your charging at work and apartment.

Last edited:
No. No, I do not have the 5-20 adaptor, but I should. With the 5-15 I get 5 mph charge for around 110 miles a day, 6 would be even better. I don't have the 5-20 adaptor because the receptacles, although mostly on 20 amp circuits, are 15 amp outlets. I hadn't thought of the adapter. Good tip, thanks.

No. No, I do not have the 5-20 adaptor, but I should. With the 5-15 I get 5 mph charge for around 110 miles a day, 6 would be even better. I don't have the 5-20 adaptor because the receptacles, although mostly on 20 amp circuits, are 15 amp outlets. I hadn't thought of the adapter. Good tip, thanks.

Just search. NEMA 5-15P to 5-15R+5-20R adapter. You can choose the direct connect molded block style or there are short cord versions.
The 5-20 tesla UMC adapter ($35) has a (smart chip) that communicates with vehicle. This is what allows it to charge at 16A.

I have both styles myself due a unique circumstance. The wall outlet I use already had a 90° plug in it for a chest freezer. In order to use receptacle with the 90° UMC plug, I use the molded adapter above the existing 90° Plug as a spacer.

Reactions: PACEMD