Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendive, MT (LIVE Jun 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4E945298-ABF0-47B1-80EA-9A84F45AB9B1.jpeg

This is really bad news for any trip through that area. I have a reservation at that hotel in August for a western road trip. I hope it's up soon.
No problem charging this morning. Pulled 130kW. Which is normal based on high SOC coming in. Saw activity as well on the screen from others. I remember when these first went in they were kind of sticky and tight. Really had to push hard.

Was here Saturday evening. Noticed there were a dozen or so spots along the side road in front of the hotel with outlets on posts. 6-20 I think? Or maybe just 120 V, not sure how to tell. An e-tron was plugged in to one of them.View attachment 715200View attachment 715201
A lot of hotels across the northern tier have these to keep ICEs warm during winter. Being from Minnesota, I'm surprised you don't know this!

Of course EVs can plug in for a trickle charge as well. I've done this at some AmericInns (they all seem to have them) just to top up to 90+% before I check out.

Reactions: IdaX
That's right, 5-20. I noticed those when I was there in August, but the fact that they're installed ground up complicates the use of the mobile charger unless you're OK with bending the plug wire. I decided not to mess with it and just use the supercharger.

@Bighorn @PLUS EV I know you guys drive around quite a bit. Have you ever travelled from Glendive to Estevan in one charge? We are planning a trip from Regina to West Yellowstone, currently or trip is planned through TC1 to Medicine Hat and then down through Milk River and Coutts crossing. I am wondering if going through Estevan-Glendive-Billings is possible. TIA. I must add, we will be driving a 2018 Model X100 D and 2018 Dual motor Model 3. In the summer with no headwind, X can get 400+ same for the 3, don't like cutting it close travelling with kids

@Bighorn @PLUS EV I know you guys drive around quite a bit. Have you ever travelled from Glendive to Estevan in one charge? We are planning a trip from Regina to West Yellowstone, currently or trip is planned through TC1 to Medicine Hat and then down through Milk River and Coutts crossing. I am wondering if going through Estevan-Glendive-Billings is possible. TIA. I must add, we will be driving a 2018 Model X100 D and 2018 Dual motor Model 3. In the summer with no headwind, X can get 400+ same for the 3, don't like cutting it close travelling with kids
I've done the drive from Glendive to Estavan several times with a long range 2018 model 3 aero wheels and a 2022 long range model Y induction wheels and if the headwinds are not in your favor, you can stop in Williston, they have a CCS charger there that's 50kw to help bridge the gap. I had to stop in Williston every time I tried that route, but it was also cold, so YMMV.