Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have received unofficial, but credible information that Tesla is working with the Florida Turnpike Authority to install Superchargers at two service plazas, Turkey Lake and Fort Drumm. It is possible that they could be operational in 6 months.

Larry

That will be great, although I wish they were ready now. I'm going to a towing convention in Orlando this Friday (4-11) for three days and I'm having a hard time finding a place to charge. I can make it to the show but not back. I went to all the charge apps that I have and found as a last resort there is a RV park twelve miles from my hotel but they want $79 for a spot. I can't wait till these statins are done throughout the country, it will make it so much nicer driving my S to other conventions instead of my ford lol

This will be great Larry. I wonder when will this show on the map.
Any news about when is Tampa SC getting operational.

Hi Amit,

I would expect any Supercharger to show up on the planning map when it reaches the permitting phase.

I don't have anything substantive to offer regarding Tampa. I am guessing it is a few months away.

Larry

I hope they put it away from the Mall as its so crazy busy as far as traffic there and the idea is to get a quick partial charge to get you where you are going. In Ft Myers they put it south of downtown near the airport and i can't imagine why I need to go to the airport to get a charge unless I am coming from Miami? and again why would I drive to the airport if I need a charge??? I want them on the way to places and easy in and out.

I hope they put it away from the Mall as its so crazy busy as far as traffic there and the idea is to get a quick partial charge to get you where you are going. In Ft Myers they put it south of downtown near the airport and i can't imagine why I need to go to the airport to get a charge unless I am coming from Miami? and again why would I drive to the airport if I need a charge??? I want them on the way to places and easy in and out.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

With regard to the Tampa Supercharger, we are fairly sure that it will be located at the Regency Square Mall despite the reported traffic. Tampa Supercharger Posting #20.

With regard to your comment about the "Fort Myers" Supercharger, yes it is south of the Southwest Florida International Airport, but it isn't located there. The Superchargers are located in the Gulfcoast Town Center which is technically in Estero, Florida, not Fort Myers. I find this to be an excellent location with all of the necessary amenities and it is located directly off of I-75. It is not in the least bit affected by traffic at the airport which is a 10 minute drive away, nor is it in downtown Fort Myers.

In fact, this Saturday we are having a club meet-up there. If you are interested, please refer to this thread. SW FL Tesla Group

Regards,

Larry

and one on the TP adjacent to PSL on the way north to Orlando.

Lola, the new dot is due West (and even a tick to the south) of the PSL location. In PSL the Turnpike is East of I-95 so the location of the new dot actually looks like it is in Okeechobee, not on the Turnpike. They might have intended it to be the Fort Drum plaza but then it should be further North, about 20 miles. Hopefully it is Fort Drum and the dot is just not very accurate. It would make more sense than Okeechobee, IMHO.

Last edited:
Am I understanding the Orlando SC speculated to be on the TP Turkey Lake plaza?

Is there precedence for a SC on a toll road?

Hi Shannon,

Yes, there have been a number of speculations that Tesla is pursuing a Supercharger Station at the Turkey Lake service plaza of the turnpike. I understand that there is also a "Turkey Lake" area that is not on the turnpike.

Regarding precedents, there is a Supercharger Station on the I-95 Turnpike in Delaware. It is supposed to be one of the most expensive toll roads in the country.

Larry

Thanks Larry.

Seems like a waste to place it at the Turnpike Turkey lake plaza. The intersection with I-4 is only 4 miles away which would provide access from both highways and prevent I-4 travelers from paying to charge.

There is an area on Kirkman rd (435) near Universal that seems logical as there are many hotels, restaurants, and shopping.

Thanks Larry.

Seems like a waste to place it at the Turnpike Turkey lake plaza. The intersection with I-4 is only 4 miles away which would provide access from both highways and prevent I-4 travelers from paying to charge.

There is an area on Kirkman rd (435) near Universal that seems logical as there are many hotels, restaurants, and shopping.

Hi Shannon,

Like a number of others who have posted their preference, I believe The Mall at Millenia would be an excellent location both for a Supercharger Station and for a Store. Its right off of the Turnpike on I-4 and it obviously has all the necessary amenities.

Larry