Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by the Fort Drum service plaza on Sunday and saw the Charging stations. They were blocked by road dividers but also looked pretty close to being ready. Turkey Lake looked open but, alas, it wasn't. Ended up charging in Ocala going to and coming from Gainesville. Not the most convenient or efficient ( also had to charge up in Port st Lucie). These two SC's will make a huge difference!

Hey, I'm headed down from VA with the family to hit Disney. Just talked to service advisor in the Orlando service center (Noah). He said the new supercharger was to open today.

Keep the posts coming! I'd love to use the Tesla SC instead of paying Disney for their Epcot Chargepoint location!

Hey, I'm headed down from VA with the family to hit Disney. Just talked to service advisor in the Orlando service center (Noah). He said the new supercharger was to open today.

Keep the posts coming! I'd love to use the Tesla SC instead of paying Disney for their Epcot Chargepoint location!

I'll be right behind you! Heading down next week, have been holding off on swapping a couple nights at a chargepoint hotel for a Disney hotel but now I have no worries! Thanks!

There are several hotels in Orlando with EVSE's. Stay at one of those and charging will take you less time than at a Supercharger. Charging while you stay over night at a hotel only takes you the time to find the charging location and retrieve your car in the morning. Besides, giving these hotels your business is a great reward to them for making the investment in charging infrastructure.

I'll be installing a NEMA 14-50 in the garage at my Disney vacation rental house soon so on your next trip, you'll have another option. It has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Much better than a hotel room and no worries about using valet to charge your car.

There are several hotels in Orlando with EVSE's. Stay at one of those and charging will take you less time than at a Supercharger. Charging while you stay over night at a hotel only takes you the time to find the charging location and retrieve your car in the morning. Besides, giving these hotels your business is a great reward to them for making the investment in charging infrastructure.

I'd prefer to rely on the SC instead of the Disney options!

I strongly agree with Cottonwood.

If you are planning to stay overnight in Orlando anyway, it is generally more convenient to stay at a hotel with overnight charging rather than driving out of your way to a Supercharger.

In my opinion EV owners should refrain from staying at Disney resorts until they provide overnight charging at their resorts.

To find a Florida hotel with overnight charging click on this link and zoom into the area you are interested in.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

I stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress a year ago and it was a great hotel with FREE Chargepoint chargers right in front of the hotel. If you are looking for an upscale hotel with Charging this would definitely be the place. For the budget minded we stayed at the Windgate near Universal Studios a few times and they also have 2 Chargepoints at a very reasonable rate.

Odd Location

Its working fine. just went there for a quick charge. Thank you Tesla.

Having had lived in Orlando for years and now depending on I4 for transit across the state...does anyone else find this to be the oddest possible location for a supercharger in the downtown Orlando area? I mean, there's the mall, a bazillion (sp?) locations along I4, downtown, Celebration, Winter Park, etc, etc that would in my mind seem to be more efficacious than a random location on the turnpike that a seldom few use to commute in to and out of the city during the day....

Don't get me wrong Tesla, thank you for finally adding an Orlando supercharger!

I just feel the location was not at all well thought out....

Others???

I don't think it is there for the locals. IMO you have SCs at both ends of I4 (Brandon and Port Orange) and this is a perfect location for people traveling on the Fla Turnpike especially for those with a 60, the right distance from PSL and Ocala. For travelers

Having had lived in Orlando for years and now depending on I4 for transit across the state...does anyone else find this to be the oddest possible location for a supercharger in the downtown Orlando area? I mean, there's the mall, a bazillion (sp?) locations along I4, downtown, Celebration, Winter Park, etc, etc that would in my mind seem to be more efficacious than a random location on the turnpike that a seldom few use to commute in to and out of the city during the day....

Others???

Others???

As posted earlier, this enables a drive for me from Miami to Lake / Marion County in a very convenient manner that would be much more difficult without.

This also enables a drive from Miami all the way up to Lake City, and will eventually allow you to then continue on to Defuniak Springs. The point is establishing a long haul network -- trips that would otherwise be impossible without superchargers. I4 isn't the point of this supercharger, and as Mnlevin said, there are already SC's at both ends of I4. Adding a SC in orlando optimized for I4 would make things perhaps somewhat more convenient for Orlando locals, but would not enable otherwise impossible routes.

I've heard rumors that Superchargers will be going in to several more Florida Turnpike service centers -- and I hope these turn out to be true -- I spend a huge amount of time on that roadway, driving multiple hour long trips, and it would be nice to be able to just stop when it was convenient, rather than plan to stop at a specific place.