TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger in South Lake Tahoe?

Discussion in 'North America' started by EVBeast, Sep 19, 2015.

1. EVBeast

EVBeast Member

I keep looking at Tesla's supercharger map and hoping that one of the points is in South Lake Tahoe. Does anyone else have this wish/hope? It sure would make vacationing there a ton less anxiety filled.

2. cpa

cpa Member

From what I remember--a year ago the Sacramento EV group had their annual get-together. During their meeting it was announced that Superchargers were planned for Placerville and SLT, near the Y. But there was no "official" confirmation from Tesla.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Who "announced" that and what was their source of information?

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

There are a few HPWCs there at a hotel but that's about it for now I think.

5. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

The 2015 supercharger map certainly shows something either in or very close to South Lake Tahoe.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

7. GRA

GRA Member

No, that's a separate spot - Tesla's map shows SCs in both the SLT area and the Garnerville/Minden Area, the latter now known to be Topaz Lodge. SLT is needed as much as Truckee is.

8. cantdecide

cantdecide Member

A couple of the hotels have hwpc for guests... And there are a couple of vacation rental properties (including ours) with 14-50 outlets... But a supercharger would be nice.

9. silvers

silvers Member

I found pdf map on the El Dorado County Government website that shows two sites for Tesla Superchargers in El Dorado County. One in Placerville, in the Hangtown Village Square, which is right off highway 50, close to food and a few stores. This site appears to have been approved and a contract signed with Tesla. Although no construction has started yet that I can see. Another location is at Heavenly Ski Resort, which the map indicates they are still researching a location for the install. The map does not indicate when these were approved, but does indicated a targeted installation year though.

https://edcgov.us/uploadedFiles/Government/Air_Quality_Management/El%20Dorado%20County%20EV%20chargers%209-2014.pdf

10. GRA

GRA Member

Great find! Placerville is presumably needed for Xs hauling trailers and/or more coverage with Folsom (it also enhances N-S travel on 49), and while Heavenly isn't ideal (closer to the Y is what's wanted), it's a lot better than nothing; you can take the Pioneer trail coming into town and avoid the worst of the traffic. If they can'
    t put it near the Y, you'd think Meyer's would be second choice.