Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, FL (V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
@pdeinselen found a permit application for what is likely Tesla's Clearwater supercharger and posted about it in the 21 "Coming Soon" Superchargers thread. Reposting that comment below so discussion of this location is in its own thread:

New to TMC Forums. Not sure if wild speculations are allowed, but figured it may help the group when searching for permits. There is a new Wawa that is being built at US-19 and Countryside. This seems to fit with current trends and would also be a strong location for a Supercharger. There is the one in Pinellas Park which would make sense having one almost as far North in Clearwater proper. It is also near the Countryside Mall, adjacent corner, and a few outdoor shopping plazas with other restaurants.
pdeinselen: "Been checking the permit site periodically for my prediction at the Wawa located at US-19 and Countryside and I can now confirm I was correct. Permits have been filled for eight (8) v3 stations at 26508 US Highway 19
Clearwater FL 33761.

Accela Citizen Access"

Thanks @mociaf9 for bring this here for its own discussion. I will pop back to this thread with progress photos and updates as I see them happening.

It is interesting the on the permit is lists v3. Time will tell if that is true. Depending on how quickly the construction can be completed that would be one of this first v3 in Florida. If I remember correctly the recent Supercharger near Disney is a v2. THe Fort Lauderdale location I think is further along in the permitting process and that would be a good candidate for v3.

When I am able to snap photos, what are some of the few things I should look out for/take photos of to assist the community in determining if it s a v2 or v3 charger?

Here's the full permit description:

"Tesla Clearwater
Online Permit - Installation of Tesla Charging Station within existing parking lot consisting of (2) TESLA V3 SUPERCHARGER CABINETS, (8) TESLA V3 CHARGE POSTS, (1) MASTER CONTROLLER, (1) SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY, and (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER. Two concrete pads will be poured for equipment."

Considering the permit follows a 1:4 supercharging cabinet to stall ratio which doesn't exist for any other type of supercharger type, there's no reason to think that it'll be anything other than a V3 supercharger. As for other indicators to physically identify a V3 supercharger though, these have thinner cables (they're liquid cooled) and larger supercharging cabinets (they support over 6x the power).

Any update on this location? Im coming down there is about 4 weeks and was hoping to experience V3 charging speeds
By looking at the online permit, I see that there haven't been any inspections scheduled or done on it yet. So, likely, construction hasn't started. Or if it has it's still very new. Definitely unlikely to be an operational supercharger by the time you arrive.

Attached is a photo I took Wednesday of the location. As @Gondi63 stated this is a busy parking lot so I am too afraid of a large possibility of being ICEd.

Good news is I just drove by this morning and they have chain link fences up as well as it appears to have construction equipment. I will stop by in the next day or two to grab photos.

IMG_0192.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Gondi63 and MarcoRP
Just stopped by at lunch and it looks to be about the same as from last week.

I agree that this location is going to be heavily "iced", especially during the lunch hour as Chic-fil-a seems to be under parked and there are limited ingress/egress points. At the same time, it's nice to see a SC location in mid-Pinellas county along US 19.