Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in the Keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just dropped off my model S for annual service at the Dania Beach service center. I inquired about when/where the Ft. Lauderdale area supercharger will be built.
The service manager said "We don't know yet, but it will be after the one in the Keys"
wow
A supercharger in the Keys? Are you sure you don't mean a HPWC?
No, it's a supercharger
"Where in the Keys?" I asked
"Marathon"

So that was my conversation this morning with the Dania Beach service manager. I've heard rumors in the past that didn't pan out so take it for what it's worth.

They did give me a nice loaner while mine is being serviced - auto folding side mirrors are nice and the floor mats are stiffer than mine delivered Jan '13. They said they will give me new ones when they get some more in next month. They also said they had to send back the center consoles - defective - no word on when they will be ready.

I read that somewhere recently. Apparently the next two Superchargers expected to be announced in Florida are Marathon and Orlando. I saw they had approached the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon and the Millennium Mall in Orlando. (Sorry...don't remember where I saw that and of course just because these places were approached doesn't mean they will agree to have a SC.)

I was just in Marathon, FL at that Holiday Inn Express! There's a 120 V outlet in the back at the marina, but I was thinking it would be a great spot for a L2 charger or better yet, a Supercharger!

Dania Beach would be another good place to put in a Supercharger too, though you might be able to make the 220 miles from the Port St. Lucie, FL charger to Marathon in an 85. It would be a close call.