Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis (Capital Avenue), IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove right past this supercharger and parked in a different garage about two blocks from it. I was there about 3hrs on a Saturday and paid $6.

$23 for the same spot on top of any idle fees one might occur and if you have to pay for the power? No. Way.

People say there are electricians that suddenly charge more when you mention what the plug is for, and I think this parking lot is similar. Well you drive a Tesla so you can afford $23. Hmmm yet it was empty both times I walked by.

Now that there are several superchargers around the metro I don't know why I would ever park at this one, and if I did need juice and I was downtown for a while I'd find a J1772 stall and probably come out cheaper. I've charged in many places, but this was the first SC I would never give the parking company any business. Greed.

• Disagree
Reactions: PlasmaRitual
I drove right past this supercharger and parked in a different garage about two blocks from it. I was there about 3hrs on a Saturday and paid $6.

$23 for the same spot on top of any idle fees one might occur and if you have to pay for the power? No. Way.

People say there are electricians that suddenly charge more when you mention what the plug is for, and I think this parking lot is similar. Well you drive a Tesla so you can afford $23. Hmmm yet it was empty both times I walked by.

Now that there are several superchargers around the metro I don't know why I would ever park at this one, and if I did need juice and I was downtown for a while I'd find a J1772 stall and probably come out cheaper. I've charged in many places, but this was the first SC I would never give the parking company any business. Greed.

There is another garage a few blocks away with a row of 80 amp Wall connectors, just inside the gate. Teslas can park there for free. We locals don't get it either :confused: Not even counting the fact there are FOUR other superchargers in town. Now if we could just get equipped downstate toward Evansville!

There is another garage a few blocks away with a row of 80 amp Wall connectors, just inside the gate. Teslas can park there for free. We locals don't get it either :confused: Not even counting the fact there are FOUR other superchargers in town. Now if we could just get equipped downstate toward Evansville!

Thanks for the tip! Are they mapped out on PlugShare?

I don’t wish for any business to fail, but I sure do hope they consider changing their prices if they would ever want mine or like-minded people’s business.

Thanks for the tip! Are they mapped out on PlugShare?

I don’t wish for any business to fail, but I sure do hope they consider changing their prices if they would ever want mine or like-minded people’s business.

I don't know about Plugshare, but they come up in the car on the main display of you turn on destination chargers.

It is my understanding Tesla owners get a discounted rate for the first two hours, but not free. I've never looked for it myself.

I like the addition of urban chargers to the supercharger network. I like having both supercharger and urban chargers. On a long road trip, it can be nice to take a break for lunch or dinner for a longer period and at something nicer than a fast food restaurant or a Meijers (although a do love the superchargers next to Meijers, thank you Meijers :) ).
I think a parking fee for doing that downtown is okay. Not ideal, but okay. And I think it's really cool how they protected the urban chargers from being ICE'd.

For example, I really enjoy charging at the Fishers urban charger and grabbing lunch across the street at Brixx. You can get a nice lunch spaghetti there for like $8.

Just wanted to add my two cents. Essentially, I believe the concept behind urban chargers is very different than superchargers.

I like the addition of urban chargers to the supercharger network. I like having both supercharger and urban chargers. On a long road trip, it can be nice to take a break for lunch or dinner for a longer period and at something nicer than a fast food restaurant or a Meijers (although a do love the superchargers next to Meijers, thank you Meijers :) ).
I think a parking fee for doing that downtown is okay. Not ideal, but okay. And I think it's really cool how they protected the urban chargers from being ICE'd.

For example, I really enjoy charging at the Fishers urban charger and grabbing lunch across the street at Brixx. You can get a nice lunch spaghetti there for like $8.

Just wanted to add my two cents. Essentially, I believe the concept behind urban chargers is very different than superchargers.
I agree protecting the superchargers from iced is good. Maybe that’s why they’re charging so much. But if it’s not competitive to other parking I can’t justify it. Maybe 10%+ premium but not 300%

Kind of like j1772 charging in my area. It’s almost double what is is to charge at home. So I rarely charge away. But if it was close, then I’d pay to have even more miles to run around town.

Location, location, lpvstion, I guess.

Ah, I didn't realize the fact that the Tesla parking was more expensive than normal parking. I suppose that is a little odd, depending on who paid for that installation. As an outsider rolling through town, that rate seems typical if not cheaper than most downtown parking rates. So on a road trip it seemed fine to me. But I see your point as a local if you know it's a high rate.
** oh, I see you are not local. Maybe Kansas City has cheap parking garages?
*** yeah, the rate after 90 minutes is pretty crazy

Ah, I didn't realize the fact that the Tesla parking was more expensive than normal parking. I suppose that is a little odd, depending on who paid for that installation. As an outsider rolling through town, that rate seems typical if not cheaper than most downtown parking rates. So on a road trip it seemed fine to me. But I see your point as a local if you know it's a high rate.
** oh, I see you are not local. Maybe Kansas City has cheap parking garages?
*** yeah, the rate after 90 minutes is pretty crazy

Event parking was $20 that evening for the colts game. So even then, still above the other garages.

I parked at this location. $45 per day across from Hyatt. Real bummer is same garage (seperated by different gate) has $30/day fee but 8ish destination chargers are all turned off and they’ll charge $10 if you are in garage checking them out for more than 10 mins.