Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN

JakeP

S P4996 ==> P02547
Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bradfordwoods, PA
The Cranberry crew said they would be doing an Indianapolis Supercharger next, but not immediately...they were headed to Vermont to do solar field work first. They also said that the Indy location would be in a parking garage. Now, does this sound like Lafayette still, or will it be downtown Indianapolis instead?

rabar10

Model 3 >> Focus Electric
Dec 3, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Indiana not started yet, lease details still being worked out. Will be at a mall north of Indianapolis, in a parking garage. Whether this means the Fashion Mall or up in Lafayette, I have no idea.
Thanks for the info!
I would think Lafayette is big enough and far enough away to make it different than "north of Indianapolis"...

JakeP

S P4996 ==> P02547
Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bradfordwoods, PA
Thanks for the info!
I would think Lafayette is big enough and far enough away to make it different than "north of Indianapolis"...

I would think so, too. And like Patrick42h said above, Indy makes more sense because of the interstate highway coverage (I-70, I-74, I-65, I-69). Lafayette gives only I-65 coverage, and it is a long haul from I-70 and the other interstates (for a charge stop, anyway).

Hopefully they get the lease terms approved, and move forward soon!

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
They're going to need something near Indy on I-70 because the current distance between the 2015 projected sites of Effingham, IL and Dayton, OH is ~250 miles. The wife and I make trips to Indy occasionally and we'll make use of destination charging there, but for those just passing through, I'm sure there won't be a desire to go all the way to Lafayette to come back around on I-70 to the east.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC