Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hurray! So there is a chance this will be operational before Christmas?

Now if only Louisville and Nashville do the same, as "promised" in Tesla's 2014 Supercharger map!

Am not holding my breath based on how long Chattanooga and Atlanta have been "in progress."

Progress in Indianapolis to date. They are "waiting on permits." No sign of Tesla equipment on site yet. No sign of the utility transformer or pad yet either, but their are ole to of medium voltage lines nearby to feed it. Note high voltage as well, but that would have to go to a substation first!

GSP

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like there will be eight stalls. Note four large pipes to take 3-phase AC to each Supercharger cabinet, and two small pipes from each of the four supercharger cabinets to the charging stalls.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Dining options. Note the "coveted" White Castle burger place across the street.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Progress in Indianapolis to date. They are "waiting on permits." No sign of Tesla equipment on site yet. No sign of the utility transformer or pad yet either, but their are ole to of medium voltage lines nearby to feed it. Note high voltage as well, but that would have to go to a substation first!

GSP

View attachment 58707View attachment 58706View attachment 58708

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like there will be eight stalls. Note four large pipes to take 3-phase AC to each Supercharger cabinet, and two small pipes from each of the four supercharger cabinets to the charging stalls.

View attachment 58709

- - - Updated - - -

Dining options. Note the "coveted" White Castle burger place across the street.

View attachment 58710

Thanks for the updates. If you run into the construction crew, see if they have worked on any other sites and are going to futures sites. Of course offer to buy them lunch first :smile:

This is great news! Were the other charging locations that 'stalled' - like Atlanta - already at this point, or are we about 3 weeks out? I've read elsewhere that the sites take around 4 weeks once ground is broken to become operational.

Some locations like Atlanta or Edison NJ take a long time to get to ground breaking. The more typical delays are getting utility transformer and power connection after the installation is otherwise complete. That last step is often just a couple days but in a few cases has been several months.

Fujiyama is still great in my opinion. I eat there frequently. The food from the hibachi tables is excellent, and still entertaining to see it prepared in front of you, even if it's mostly the same hibachi tricks every time.

No visible progress since GSPs pictures, except that they've removed the bulldozer now.

I just visited the Indy Supercharger about half an hour ago. The charger "towers" have been installed. I saw some guys working on the conduit where the cabinets will go in. I didn't realize work on the Lafayette Supercharger had started already. That's good news.
IMG_0986.jpeg

Last edited:
(mod note: threads have now been moved and merged)

I decided to start a new thread for the Indianapolis Supercharger, instead of continuing to discuss it in a combined thread with the Lafayette, IN Supercharger. Here is a link to the previous discussion in the combined thread:

Anyone have info on Indy or Lafayette, IN SuperCharger? - Page 7

I chose "Charging Standards and Infrastructure" forum since most of the dedicated Supercharger threads are there, instead of the regional forums.

I visited the site today, and there was no visible update on the charging stalls beyond patrick42h's picture in post #78 in the above linked thread. The concrete has been poured for the Supercharger cabinets and circuit breaker boxes, but not for the utility transformer yet. The Tesla equipment is on site ready to be installed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove by this morning. The Tesla charging posts (or whatever they're called) are now installed, and they've painted the lines for the parking spots. I'm not sure about the status of the transformer(s). There are still cones in front of the parking spots, so I guess I'll give it a try whenever those go away.

Construction is now all but complete. All stalls and cabinets installed, lines painted, etc. No info on the distribution transformer or utility connection yet though.

Pics at Anyone have info on Indy or Lafayette, IN SuperCharger? - Page 10

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the update.. Can you provide an address? My sister lives in Greenwood IN, and this will make a road trip to see her easy-peazy. Thanks
Address:
La Quinta Inn Suites
5120 Victory Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46203