Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shouldn't supercharge.info include the 2 superchargers located at the service center in Castleton (Indy area)? They do not show up in the Tesla app but there are similar chargers included in the supercharge.info list (like the Cincinnati service center).

Attachments

• IMG_20200117_132554.jpg
    IMG_20200117_132554.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: MarcoRP
It depends. Are they open to the public? Are the available 24/7 or are they behind a locked gate/inside the building?

We've encouraged them not to list chargers that the public can't normally use, which I feel is a good thing. But if they have something wrong it can be corrected as they do read these forums.

Not familiar with the Indy SC but am with the one in Cincinnati. Ours shows up on the Tesla internet page but not the in car navigation or phone app. If you plug in the SC address it will navigate you there but won't precondition the battery. My guess is that technically it's a supercharger and you can go there but they want to discourage it. The Cincinnati store has a lot of cars in inventory at any given time and they probably want to keep as many spots open for them as possible. Luckily we have a Meijer based SC very close by so it might be different as opposed to there. These are strictly guesses but I'm thinking they want to encourage drivers to use the Meijer location. At least during business hours. But like I said, nobody has told me that specifically.

Service center chargers typically *are* included on supercharge.info even if they aren't on the official Tesla map. Any entry with "(SC)" next to it's name is like this. Check out these two just north of Atlanta:

upload_2020-1-18_10-20-9.png

Note the half-and-half red/black icon for the service centre.

I would suspect that every service centre has superchargers but they might be hidden away from public view or operating at a reduced speed. These ones, however, look like they are out in the open. Are they accessible to non-service centre customers?

Superchargers at service centers typically are for service center use only.
This may not have always been the case, but they are moving that way.

I would strongly recommend only using the in car nav and not any other sources.

Service center chargers typically *are* included on supercharge.info even if they aren't on the official Tesla map. Any entry with "(SC)" next to it's name is like this. Check out these two just north of Atlanta:

View attachment 501583

Note the half-and-half red/black icon for the service centre.

I would suspect that every service centre has superchargers but they might be hidden away from public view or operating at a reduced speed. These ones, however, look like they are out in the open. Are they accessible to non-service centre customers?
The half-half icon is for limited hours, no? I think we should add this on Supercharge Info, unless there is a sign saying that these Superchargers are explicitly for Service usage only at all times.

Well, technically Alpharetta (SC) is accessible all the time, but they have signs on it discouraging you from using them (2 Urban). I plugged in at 5 in the morning so there was no one there to tell me to move...but I'd bet during business hours that you wouldn't stand a chance at charging and would be told to go to any of the other nearby locations.

Cleveland (and Minnesota for that matter) have their Service Center Superchargers on the inside of a building that they lock up at night. So to me, those ones you don't want to list as being "available" cause they're not. Not even for limited hours. Limited hours should be reserved for things like the valet garages in NYC that actually close at 10PM.