Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay Indio! I've been missing random drives in the desert since trading in my last ICE. So today, for no good reason other than I finally could, I drove from San Diego to Indio vi CA-371, had a nice brunch at the pseudo-italian restaurant, and drove back via Borrego Springs and the Montezuma Grade road. A great way to spend 6 hours, listening to NPR and seeing the scenery.

Yay Indio! I've been missing random drives in the desert since trading in my last ICE. So today, for no good reason other than I finally could, I drove from San Diego to Indio vi CA-371, had a nice brunch at the pseudo-italian restaurant, and drove back via Borrego Springs and the Montezuma Grade road. A great way to spend 6 hours, listening to NPR and seeing the scenery.

Very nice, but no pictures... :eek:

Yea I forgot to take pics too :(

We drove out yesterday and spent the night in palm springs. Ended up stopping at morongo and the outlets (for my fiance). They actually have a 14-50 in their free valet (although 200V, not 240). We charged it there for a few hours and got to palm springs with 180 miles. Hyatt in palm springs charged it on 110 all night (they said due to construction next door they are unable to upgrade to high power charging but will asap) and in the morning it had 210 - I had estimated 13 hours on 110 15 amp would put it closer to 220.

From there we had breakfast and then drove out to desert center. Had a look around and drove back to indio charger. I think it had 38 miles left (the speed was quite good on 10 along with the hills it burned up quite a bit of juice). Was very quick charging the whole time and left about 40 minutes later with 210.

Coming back west on 10 from indio, you don't realize it in an ICE but it really is an uphill climb through the valley, just about all the way to cabazon. At once point my usage was at about 500wh/m with about 25 miles since charging.

The lack of photos is unsettling! Wondering if this is really live yet :)

It was funny, as I was backing into one of the supercharger spots a king cab pickup was turning into that row of parking, very quickly, and had to do a quick stop. I don't think he should have been going quite so fast in a parking lot, myself. But anyway, he drove on. I got out, plugged in the car, and then as I walked away looking for my brunch venue, he came back, and shouted to me "Love the Purple Tesla!" He didn't even use the p**k word! Then he stopped while he and the passenger both took photos. So, somewhere out there, photos exist!

I charged there three times yesterday. I saw one other car, that's it. I expected it to be busier.
The location is really good! Very quick on and off the freeway and so many stores/restaurants.

When driving towards Los Angeles and you are going fast, you will use 500 Wh/m on the first 50 miles. It's just a lot of uphill and head winds and you will need your AC. It'll drop down somewhat going all the way to LA but at the end my average was still 380 Wh/m. Yes I was going pretty fast, but not crazy.

If you traveling through very late at night... The ARCO AM/PM has a restroom open 24/7 and Santana's Mexican Food is open 24 hours as well for an inside sit down meal. The other establishments close at 11:00PM and only have their drive thru available. (if you walk) By the time you get back to your car it will be charged enough to go on to your next location.

Last edited:
Yes, I charged in Indio on Saturday, 9/27/14. While I was there, I saw two other cars charging.

I forgot to mention that the Indio SC seems to be in an AT&T dead zone. We have Sprint iPhones and neither of us could connect to the car via Tesla app. We even went back to the car and switched to Always Connected to no avail. The console display showed 1 or 2 bars.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the Indio SC seems to be in an AT&T dead zone. We have Sprint iPhones and neither of us could connect to the car via Tesla app. We even went back to the car and switched to Always Connected to no avail. The console display showed 1 or 2 bars.

Did you try restarting the app? I noticed since the new version of the app came out, the first time you connect to the car it worked no problem. Second time it just sat with the progress bar spinning endlessly. Closed the app, and walla, connects right away.