TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger integration with Nav

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by napabill, Oct 12, 2012.

1. napabill

napabill Active Member

Anybody out there with some time in S know if there is any integration between the Nav system the the Supercharger stations? Specifically, whether the SC is being used or not and if available? I know the firmware is about to be updated for the SC capability, but wondered if anyone has heard in advance of that?

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I do believe Tesla said that information on whether a supercharger station is in use is not available, but they would look into whether that might be possible in the future.

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'd find it hard to believe that they won't have remote telemetry from the Superchargers. So I'd assume that it is just a matter of getting one database to talk to another to light this up (not that is a small task by any stretch of the imagination).