Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Invermere, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Crossroads Esso Gas station in Invermere. In an email from the planning department, I was told old plans from Tesla to work with the city to install a Supercharger on municipal land: Invermere (search Tesla in top left) didn't go through and that now the station will be built at the Esso. I called the Esso and they confirmed a project is in the works.

More details here:

Last edited by a moderator:
A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Crossroads Esso Gas station in Invermere. In an email from the planning department, I was told old plans from Tesla to work with the city to install a Supercharger on municipal land: Invermere (search Tesla in top left) didn't go through and that now the station will be built at the Esso. I called the Esso and they confirmed a project is in the works.

More details here:

Sounds like enough confirmation for a blue dot, yes?

Crossroads Esso is actually in radium Hot Springs even though it has an Invermere postal address - Radium makes a lot more sense for the SC because it is “at the crossroads“ the village of Invermere also has an Esso station out on the hiway - can you confirm which of these two stations confirmed the development- these stations may have common management

Reactions: richteer
Crossroads Esso is actually in radium Hot Springs even though it has an Invermere postal address - Radium makes a lot more sense for the SC because it is “at the crossroads“ the village of Invermere also has an Esso station out on the hiway - can you confirm which of these two stations confirmed the development- these stations may have common management

Hmm, good point. The junction of Hwy 95 and 93 would be a more logical choice. 🤔

Google maps shows the cross roads Esso in in the centre of the traffic circle in radium - I’ve been around that circle multi times there is nothing (but sculpture) in the centre of the traffic circle - but when you touch the pin it shows the address of the station in the village of Invermere? I am driving by there tomorrow so I will see what I can find out. The Windermere station has a huge parking lot and they just put in all new blacktop about a month ago

Unfortunately the address provided (and pin on supercharge.info) appear to be correct. The corroborating evidence is the HPWC pictured which is located there. There is no EV charging at the Esso in Radium Hot Springs. I agree that RHS would have been a better location.

Reactions: PStewart
Invermere, BC

Along National Highways: None
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): BC/AB-93, BC-95

BC/AB-93

To: End (YH Jasper, AB) - 373.4 km
Diversion: 0.1 km

BC-95

To: End (TCH/BC-1 at Golden, BC) - 119 km
Diversion: 0.1 km

To: Canmore, AB (BC-93, TCH) - 169.7 km
To: Jasper, AB (BC/AB-93, l) - 375.6 km
To: Great Falls, MT (BC-93/US-93, MT-40, US-2, US-89, MT=44, i-15, US-89) - 663.1 km
To: Kalispell, MT (BC-93/US-93, MT-424, US-93Alt, US-2) - 331.7 km

Reactions: PStewart
The complete closure is only a month long, so unless a prefab supercharger (à la Beaver, UT) rolls in on a truck tomorrow, it won't do much good. I am surprised they didn't manage to get Golden done though, as combined with Canmore V3 upgrade on the other end, it appears that was the intention.

I visited this location yesterday in Invermere, staff at counter confirmed “more chargers are coming” - it is in fact called “crossroads Esso “ even though it’s not at the crossroads in Radium. The pin on GOOGLE maps is wrong at it shows this station in Radium

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
A post on PlugShare by a Tesla driver indicates the manager of the station said a bunch of Superchargers were going to be installed by end of June 2021 at the Esso in Invermere. There is already a destination charger at this same Esso Station if in a pinch until then.

Stopped into the Esso station today and the cashier said construction for the super chargers will be started in a few weeks. This store is a great place for the chargers. There is an M&M Meats inside with loads of pastries, a decent sized grocery selection for a gas station. Bathrooms are clean and have multiple stalls.
As for the current destination chargers, I was getting 10kw/204V/48a speeds.