Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Inyokern, CA - Locust Ave. (LIVE 6 Sep 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Looks like Tesla is planning to lighten the traffic on the Inyokern Supercharger, by placing a new 12 stall V3 across the parking lot at the Classic Burgers restaurant! The permit was filed 11 days ago by a Tesla representative, and will include battery storage as well. Don't know when we can expect to see construction, but it's good to see Tesla acknowledge the demand for a new Supercharger in the area. Will add on Supercharge Info
Inyokern 2 Supercharger - Accela Page.jpg

Inyokern 2 Supercharger - Fee Estimate.jpg

This is a great location. I was here yesterday and arrived to all stalls being full. While I only waited a minute or two for an open stall, it was full with me in it which meant about 55 kW for quite some time because I was paired with someone else.

The location for the new superchargers will be great with tons of space on the property and no chance to ever get ICEd.

My last charge before here was Beatty, I charged to 80% there and drove to Badwater and then to Furnace Creek and on to Panamint Springs. Then from there I took Panamint Valley Rd. to Trona and onward to here arriving with about 10 percent. I’d normally head to Lone Pine and Bishop and over Yosemite to head back home after Panamint Springs but most of the Sierra passes are closed in the winter so I had to go through here on the way to the 58 and then the 99 north.

Actually loved Classic Burger, it was one of the tastiest burgers and definitely the best if not close to the best fries I’ve had in recent memory. It turned out to be a great dinner stop as my car charged here. I think once V3s are in I’ll have to hurry up and finish eating if they happen to be busy.

• Informative
Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Update: There is definitely movement within Inyokern. Plans have been given final approval as of 3/8/2021. The most recent permit fee paid by Tesla was 3/4.
There is a hold on the permit from several days ago, though that appears to be simple administrative paperwork that needs to be completed prior to finalization:
Hold Issuance
-Please provide completed “Applicant’s Acknowledgement of Special Inspections” OR “Contractor’s Statement of Responsibility – Special Inspections”. -Provide complete Construction Waste Management (CWM) Plan, CWM Worksheet, and CWM Acknowledgement

Some progress. Permit officially issued on 4/30 !! No inspections scheduled as of yet.
Someone stop by and see if any signs of construction.
I'll be driving through tomorrow night. If I have a tail wind going north I'll skip it but 90% of the time I don't and need a 5 min top off to make it to the V3 in Lone Pine.

Update to follow...

Excellent!! Between this and Mojave (depending on whatever the heck is going on there), and huge load should be taken off travel down the 395/14. I am always stressed trying to determine the best place to charge.

@bmah
Agreed, I always fear running in to lines at Inyokern with only 4 stalls. Quite often I'll spend extra un-necessary time charging in Lone Pine to avoid it on Sunday's.

Still dreaming of Kramer Junction, would make the Mammoth run up the 395 complete and could cut another 10 min off the drive. Would also relieve stress for those crossing the 58.