Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Inyokern, CA - Locust Ave. (LIVE 6 Sep 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks

I guess that makes sense but they must be able to see the v3s. I don't know what the charging time difference is on older vehicles so maybe it's just not worth moving over.

I didn't get a photo but I passed by Mojave and it looked like the temporary stalls were now almost ready. They had graded around them. Maybe they are going to pave next or gravel? I know my coworkers say Mojave is one of the worst. Luckily a full v3 is coming.

What would be nice is some chargers in the lake Isabella/ Kernville area. Tesla or other. There is a lvl 2 there but that's not enough.

And I'm not sure if it matters for tesla folks but we are suppose to be getting our first DC fast chargers in Ridgecrest. I was told at a credit union via a grant. I personally think they should put some at the museums in town. Or some free Lvl 2s.

Model S manufactured with the 60 and 85kWh batteries (starting with the "B" series batteries) can take a maximum of about 100kW for maybe ten seconds if the battery SOC is under 10%. In perfect weather (warm to hot and preconditioning if necessary) my general pattern with our 2014 S85 is SOC%+kW = 105-110. So you can see that Supercharging from 12% to 65% will draw about 95kW at the start and quickly taper to 45kW by 60% +.

Tesla throttled the Supercharging speeds on these models in the summer of 2019. The formula used to be SOC%+kW = ~120. Moreover, nowadays when the battery is cold, it is not uncommon to receive a whopping 38kW at 15%, staying there pretty much the entire session.

No need to clog up the 250kW stalls that can be used by all Model 3/Y and the more recent S and X.

Thanks

I guess that makes sense but they must be able to see the v3s. I don't know what the charging time difference is on older vehicles so maybe it's just not worth moving over.
Good point. On my prior 75D, I could not take advantage of the V3 stalls at all, so I guess that if I still had it, and found myself at Inyokern, I could intentionally take a V2 to save spots at a V3.

Thank you. That's interesting to see no movement for almost 4 months. Maybe Rivian is waiting to actually sell trucks before finishing it.
I heard on a podcast but have not confirmed that Rivian has finished zero of their high speed chargers. They only have destination chargers at "outdoorsy" locations like Yosemite.

The production ramp that Tesla experienced in a bad way during Model 3 is affecting Rivian.

Reactions: JeffnReno
I heard on a podcast but have not confirmed that Rivian has finished zero of their high speed chargers. They only have destination chargers at "outdoorsy" locations like Yosemite.

The production ramp that Tesla experienced in a bad way during Model 3 is affecting Rivian.
Rivian chargers are installed and running. I saw a green R1T charging.