Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Iowa, LA - Henry's Travel Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction started…almost done.
Picture from TLOAD Facebook group

Attachments

• 6B0A8C48-CEFE-458A-A66C-EC584B971EBA.jpeg
    6B0A8C48-CEFE-458A-A66C-EC584B971EBA.jpeg
    976.6 KB · Views: 277
Is this potentially a 3rd Iowa location? Bc the permit clearly gives the address, which isn't close to this address you gave above (5 exits away).
Started looking for permits, well it turns out this address is a different parish. Jefferson-Davis as opposed to Calcasieu. I couldn't track down a permit database for either Jefferson Davis or Lacassine, LA. Maybe someone else will have some luck.

Last edited:
If those pics are NOT from the address in the permit on the first post, then we should start a separate thread for Iowa #3 and those pics. I asked the mods to do so.
I can’t see the address on the original link. This picture is definitely at Henry’s. You can see the rice building in the background. Mods might need to step in and split this one up into its own thread…. Supercharger - Lacassine, LA

This seems to be a disputed territory, Henry’s address is Iowa, LA. Exxon’s address is Welsh, LA. (Same place) And both are in the boundaries of Lacassine. Also Iowa is in Calcisieu Parish, the site under construction is within Jefferson Davis Parish.

I can’t see the address on the original link. This picture is definitely at Henry’s. You can see the rice building in the background. Mods might need to step in and split this one up into its own thread…. Supercharger - Lacassine, LA

This seems to be a disputed territory, Henry’s address is Iowa, LA. Exxon’s address is Welsh, LA. (Same place) And both are in the boundaries of Lacassine. Also Iowa is in Calcisieu Parish, the site under construction is within Jefferson Davis Parish.
Permit address is 1119 Lowe-Grout Rd, Iowa, LA 70647 in the first post. If you are in the area maybe you could drive by there as well?

Looks like Marco agrees this is a different site. I've asked the mods to break the posts starting at the pics and below into a new thread.

@Big Earl We will need to move the 1119 Lowe-Grout Rd, Iowa, LA 70647 site back to the permitting phase and add a new one under construction at 14390 LA-101, Iowa, LA 70647

Although the address of Henry's Travel Plaza is Iowa, it's actually closer to Lacassine, LA, which is the exit east of Iowa. Maybe they are putting another one in. Do you have a link to the permit or other information about this location?

Their Facebook page says Lacassine, LA. That's unincorporated but it does have zip code 70650.

Based on the zip in the address on Google Maps, 70647, the postal town is Iowa, LA (to the west).
The Exxon site lists the Exxon gas as being in Iowa, LA.

But the Google Maps lists the Exxon there as 70591, which is Welsh, LA (to the east).

So, we have to ask What Would Tesla Do?

Their Facebook page says Lacassine, LA. That's unincorporated but it does have zip code 70650.

Based on the zip in the address on Google Maps, 70647, the postal town is Iowa, LA (to the west).
The Exxon site lists the Exxon gas as being in Iowa, LA.

But the Google Maps lists the Exxon there as 70591, which is Welsh, LA (to the east).

So, we have to ask What Would Tesla Do?

We'll soon find out what the name of this site really is. I'll bet it's open before Christmas.

Reactions: theothertom
I’m charging there now. Site is live with 16 chargers but the 2nd block of 4 from the North is not powered. None of them are labeled with the usual “1A…4D” etc. Also the top of one of the pedestals is on the ground. I put it in a safe place for the maintenance guy.

365E7751-99A3-4E80-B50D-1B6A6624249E.jpeg

This is a great location! It will be a future go-to spot, and I’ll be able to bypass the groaty Lake Charles site.

Last edited:
This became my go-to stop due to favorable geographical location and excellent ice cream shop. Also had a mini Bucee’s feel due to varied offerings in the C store. But on Sunday, 24-March, found that the ice cream shop/restaurant had closed. Please post update if another restaurant opens here.

Reactions: get-atty