Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Culver Drive (LIVE 17 Apr 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's alive! 🥳

Screenshot_20210417-070353.png

I had no idea this was a brand new charger until my buddy mentioned it. Anyways.. I needed a slight top off to make it home to Cucamonga, pulled into this one on Sat evening. The first stall as you make a right turn into the aisle, the plug is already broke! Only after 1 day of operation.

The little notch on the bottom of the plug where the cars charge port car latches into, was gouged. My car wouldn't latch onto kept on throwing error message. Moved to the next open stall, no issue.

That is really good news. !!! 250kw??

Something wired. On my phone. It is shown under Model S, but not shown under Model 3. Wonder why
The Tesla App is really bad news especially for charging info. When we drive away from Palm Springs and get 100 miles down the road, the App still shows the Superchargers and Destination Chargers that showed when we were in PALM SPRINGS! Even if you check current location still shows old information. Get to Mars? Elon can’t even make his App run right. He’ll probably make a wrong turn and wind up in Uranus.

Reactions: 1100MCM
So I've passed by this place twice (the last time when I was again eating at EMC happy hour) and it's always packed.

This was at 4pm and the other time was 3pm.

Not sure what Supercharging high times are... based on this place, it's all the time. :)

Not sure what rates people have been getting here but it's the slowest supercharger I've ever been to and I've been to a few. Been here 4 times, once was 50kw max, two times in the low 40kw range max, today was 30kw max at 26% charge. Stations pretty full, 80 to 90% capacity.

ive been there several times and only once was I around 84kW....I was at 55% SoC also....more often than not, I am below 20%SoC and have had no issues charging over 125kW....it does taper off starting around 35-50%, but that is expected.....I live 1.5 miles from there and it is wonderful to shop or eat a snack while charging.....no problems for me

Reactions: ElectricCyclist
ive been there several times and only once was I around 84kW....I was at 55% SoC also....more often than not, I am below 20%SoC and have had no issues charging over 125kW....it does taper off starting around 35-50%, but that is expected.....I live 1.5 miles from there and it is wonderful to shop or eat a snack while charging.....no problems for me
which car model do you have?