Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Spectrum Center Dr (permit found)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Marco found a permit for Superchargers at the parking garage next to the Target located at 950 Spectrum Center Dr., Irvine, CA 92618.

Scope:

(E-PLAN) PARKING LOT MODIFICATION W/ EV CHARGING STATIONS *PRE-CON MEETING w/ INSPECTOR REQUIRED BEFORE START OF WORK*

Link to the permit below:

Permit#:​
App. Date​
Street Address​
Type​
DescriptionMapLot
10/12/2022​
950 SPECTRUM CENTER DR
IRVINE, CA 92618​
Coml Parking Lot Mod PC​
(E-PLAN) PARKING LOT MODIFICATION W/ EV CHARGING STATIONS *PRE-CON MEETING w/ INSPECTOR REQUIRED BEFORE START OF WORK*​
1/88​
292​

This is awesome news. Yeah, I've heard this about the Irvine Company, but the pressure to have a site at the Spectrum must be intense! It should be anyway.

Urban chargers, I'd guess.
Yeah, it's a great location. At the junction of the 5 & 405...right off the freeway. Tons of stuff for people to do while charging. Smart move. I like that it's going to be right outside of Target too because you can get in and out of there by the time your car is done.

Reactions: Falcon73
only 8 stalls? That's tiny in the scheme of things. Wish they were getting 24 or 36 or 48 stalls, they'd still be full lol, (This is literally the intersection between 5/405/133).

Looks like Lake Forest will be less busy instead (which is nearer to where I live, 24 V3s going in there)

Its from supercharge.info

1673303088803.png

The stall count is only a placeholder until someone can confirm a different stall count. The permit itself didn't call out a quantity.

Its from supercharge.info

View attachment 894030

The stall count is only a placeholder until someone can confirm a different stall count. The permit itself didn't call out a quantity.
Oh that's a relief.

Thanks for letting us know. 8 stalls is definitely not enough, That being said I'd prefer they install 72kW chargers here, as there is a lot to do at Spectrum, and idle fees would be horrible (especially from that Target garage).

That being said, I have 2017 Xes, with free supercharging, they take years to get to 100%, so likely not an issue for me, and as a charging hub from 405 or 5 to/from SD, this is perfect.

Curious to see the count, hopefully 24 or 36 or more.

Reactions: KJTZZLA
8 stalls is definitely not enough, That being said I'd prefer they install 72kW chargers here, as there is a lot to do at Spectrum, and idle fees would be horrible (especially from that Target garage).

That being said, I have 2017 Xes, with free supercharging, they take years to get to 100%, so likely not an issue for me, and as a charging hub from 405 or 5 to/from SD, this is perfect.

Curious to see the count, hopefully 24 or 36 or more.

Agreed. I also recommend "Urban" superchargers here since it's a bit of a hike from the other side of the Spectrum and there's a lot to do. We also have an X, so it already charges at "Urban" speeds most of the curve anyway, but V3s will be too fast for many modern Tesla owners wishing to spend an hour or so in the Spectrum.

CP is there now and ICEing is a problem every time we go there (with our Kona), but they have some stalls away from the entrance as well, thankfully.

Hopefully they'll end up doing something like I saw at the Crown Valley station today. That one is going to have 24 V3s along with 20 destination chargers.

However I don't know how certain we are that it's going to be the Target parking structure? I was just there today and didn't see any evidence (checked all levels) but I picked the wrong time to check it out. Saturday night is not a good time to look for charging stations or construction at Irvine Spectrum.

I had a quick look at the structure that the EA charges are in and didn't see anything on the ground floor but there's so many others at the Spectrum and it was way too busy so I'll look again on early morning maybe.

Hopefully they'll end up doing something like I saw at the Crown Valley station today. That one is going to have 24 V3s along with 20 destination chargers.

However I don't know how certain we are that it's going to be the Target parking structure? I was just there today and didn't see any evidence (checked all levels) but I picked the wrong time to check it out. Saturday night is not a good time to look for charging stations or construction at Irvine Spectrum.

I had a quick look at the structure that the EA charges are in and didn't see anything on the ground floor but there's so many others at the Spectrum and it was way too busy so I'll look again on early morning maybe.

What do you mean the Crown Valley Station? Are you talking about Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo? They had the Temp 72kWs last time I saw, are they moving to V3 250kW?

What do you mean the Crown Valley Station? Are you talking about Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo? They had the Temp 72kWs last time I saw, are they moving to V3 250kW?
Yes, see my post on that thread about it.

As for this site, at the Irvine Spectrum, I went there again this morning and spent probably 2 hours there, but couldn't find any construction. I checked every parking structure, not just the one next to Target. I also checked most of the outdoor parking, but it's a huge place so it's possible, but unlikely, that I missed something.

Yes, see my post on that thread about it.

As for this site, at the Irvine Spectrum, I went there again this morning and spent probably 2 hours there, but couldn't find any construction. I checked every parking structure, not just the one next to Target. I also checked most of the outdoor parking, but it's a huge place so it's possible, but unlikely, that I missed something.
It says the rep-con meeting is required for the electrical alteration and there is nothing showing under "Actions/Status". I am not entirely sure how the process works but the construction will probably not happen until we see some sort of an update here (e.g. in review, correction needed, and etc.)?

1686254332065.png

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
They took down the chargers at Alton Parkway in front of capital seafood restaurant down which also moved to Irvine spectrum nearby, now with these 24 stalls. Are they going to place one near Alton or is that permanently gone?
Just so I'm understanding, are you saying they put chargers at Diamond Jamboree off Alton where the old Capital Seafood location was? Or are you saying that they removed the EA chargers in the structure by the Capital Seafood at the Spectrum?

Just so I'm understanding, are you saying they put chargers at Diamond Jamboree off Alton where the old Capital Seafood location was? Or are you saying that they removed the EA chargers in the structure by the Capital Seafood at the Spectrum?
They took down the chargers off Alton right in front of where capital seafood was. I was looking for them when I found out capital seafood moved to the spectrum and with it new supercharger site.