Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Walnut Ave. (at Jeffrey Rd., LIVE 4 Dec 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is another Irvine, CA supercharger site in the works:

Address is:
5406 Walnut
Irvine, CA 92604

I think this is in the 99 ranch market shopping center on Jeffrey.

Attached is the permit and a map.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-24 191544.png
    Annotation 2020-05-24 191544.png
    104 KB · Views: 363
  • map.png
    map.png
    549.9 KB · Views: 234
Irvine - Walnut Ave, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-405

I-5

To: Santa Ana, CA - 9.4 miles
Diversion: 1 mile
To: Anaheim - E Katella Ave, CA - 12 miles

Density.

Looks like there is another Irvine, CA supercharger site in the works:

Address is:
5406 Walnut
Irvine, CA 92604

I think this is in the 99 ranch market shopping center on Jeffrey.

Attached is the permit and a map.

that place is a mad house. The parking is usually full, especially around 11-2. From the address, it could be on the backside facing the freeway by the szechuan place. Still hard to go in and out of there. They should’ve put it on the other side of the freeway by Albertsons

Reactions: ord3r
Looks like there are maybe ~8 EV chargers going in with large cabinets right across I-5 from here in the Cypress Village plaza next to Starbucks (Trabuco side). I didn't see anything Tesla. The contractor is Vantage Company. It was an active site so I didn't get too close of a look.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and TonyT
Update: As of 2020-06-05, the supercharger plans for this location were approved and permits are ready to issue (have to look in the Actions/Status page to see true status). Also, the electrical and parking lot improvement permits were listed.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Looks like there are maybe ~8 EV chargers going in with large cabinets right across I-5 from here in the Cypress Village plaza next to Starbucks (Trabuco side). I didn't see anything Tesla. The contractor is Vantage Company. It was an active site so I didn't get too close of a look.

Pretty sure this is a new Electrify America site. They have permits pulled at 14271 Jeffrey Rd. Their website shows an upcoming charger at this location.

That would be it then. This is a MUCH better location than the one this thread is intended for.

Agreed. It also seems to be one of the first, if not THE first Irvine Company retail property to offer fast DC charging of any significance. They do have a couple "fast" chargers here and there which really aren't all that fast, maybe 25kW CHAdeMO, but nothing like a Tesla Supercharger (or an Electrify America location).

UPDATE: Tesla has applied for 2 additional engineering permits--00822410-EMC and 00822411-MCE--for this location to allow them to get access to the SCE electrical vault and do some directional boring to run the power. Once these are approved, construction should be able to start relatively soon after.

Project description on those permits:
Location: Walnut Ave and Jeffrey Rd - Misc. Improvement - SCE circuit extension to new 1200A Service for Permit 00817252-CPKM. The scope adjacent to the street will be conducted under a Traffic Control Plan that meets the City of Irvine - Public Works "Traffic Control Guidelines". Intention is to excavate surrounding the existing SCE Vault at the corner of Jeffrey and Walnut to create a boring pit. Directional boring will be utilized to pull conduit to the new service transformer at 5406 Walnut. This pit is not anticipated to encroach on the drive lanes and will be plated when not in use. This work will be conducted at night and is expected to be completed within 10 calendar days of breaking ground. Construction start is estimated for beginning of August, pending approval of this permit.