Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irving, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
City permits. I'm guessing one permit per PSU for a total of 8.

1674839757428.png

Last edited:
Was there about 13:40 today, 9 April. Lots of progress. Looks like there is a humongo primary power system, meter box and a buuunch of conduits in two slabs by the pole. It is right under a 14KV Primary, so there's a good source of lotsa current.
I counted ten conduit stubs at the curb, each coming up about the center of the parking spaces. 10 is an odd number for most S/C installs. Doesn't look like it will be the prefab 4-bangers.
There are enclosures for two trash containers in the corner. Perhaps they will move these, which would make room for at least two more stalls. Although the permit says 8 stalls, I believe, 12 would make more sense, as they usually come in groups of four.
This puts the install in the Northwest corner of the property, not too far from the CVS Pharmacy and the Jack in the Box. I think there is also a Taco Cabaño on the other side if the JITB. These pix were taken looking more or less North.

Attachments

• 20230409_133219.jpg
    20230409_133219.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230409_133157.jpg
    20230409_133157.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230409_133146.jpg
    20230409_133146.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230409_132934.jpg
    20230409_132934.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230409_132910.jpg
    20230409_132910.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
Went by Saturday Noon. 12 - count'em - twelve V3 Superchargers all in a row. Three equipment cabinets, plus input switchgear in place. No meter.
The 'Chargers do not appear to have the CCS doodad or longer cables, they look like normal short cables. The units are installed on the centerline of the
parking spaces. Hmmm...
The equipment cabinets appear to be 250KW / 4 nozzle cabinets, but I couldn't get close enough to see the nameplates. They are really moving
right along on this one, surprisingly fast, as they are not the prefabbed 4 bangers.
I took some pix and will add them later.

Reactions: kriskros91
This morning they are pulling very large conductors into some of the conduits. I don't see an Oncor transformer, but there are a couple of white Tesla looking cabinets much taller than the three 4 station controllers. Perhaps they are the interface to the Primary from Oncor? There doesn't seem to be room for the usual Big Green transformer, but I don't think Oncor allows BYOT.
Just occurred to me they might be connecting to a big transformer on the other side of the lot, but I don't see any new conduit. My eyes had been dilated and couldn't see that well, I might try to mosey over there again before the storms come this evening.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Woodwinds
Just visited, an electrical crew is rassling with the 5000 circular mil cables in the meter enclosure and disconnects. If you have ever worked with this stuff, you will understand. And in 85+ degree sunshine, egad!

The three smaller white cabinets are breakers/disconnects feeding the three cabinets for the groups of four stations.

They will pull the 3 phase 480v secondary from the pole pigs on the pole next to the meter box. No Big Green Transformer on the ground.

Oncor has yet to run the conduit/feed from the 3 fuse/cutouts up in the air to the meter box. The crew had no prediction of when. I'm not sure
whether that is Oncor or an electrical contractor's work. Probably Oncor.

Earlier I erred - the stations are located on the line between lanes, not in the centers of the lanes as I said.

The rightmost four stations are separated by a wide lane a' la Handicapped spots.

It does not appear that there are any of the CCS gadgets installed on he "hoses", they appear to be standard length.

No wireless antenna in view. (The Grapevine S/C has a Starlink dish mounted on the control cabinet, and appears to have moved (panned), judging from my original pix. No new Wireless Access Point detected, so I don't know if it is active).

News as it happens... Bulletins at once!

Just visited, an electrical crew is rassling with the 5000 circular mil cables in the meter enclosure and disconnects. If you have ever worked with this stuff, you will understand. And in 85+ degree sunshine, egad!

The three smaller white cabinets are breakers/disconnects feeding the three cabinets for the groups of four stations.

They will pull the 3 phase 480v secondary from the pole pigs on the pole next to the meter box. No Big Green Transformer on the ground.

Oncor has yet to run the conduit/feed from the 3 fuse/cutouts up in the air to the meter box. The crew had no prediction of when. I'm not sure
whether that is Oncor or an electrical contractor's work. Probably Oncor.

Earlier I erred - the stations are located on the line between lanes, not in the centers of the lanes as I said.

The rightmost four stations are separated by a wide lane a' la Handicapped spots.

It does not appear that there are any of the CCS gadgets installed on he "hoses", they appear to be standard length.

No wireless antenna in view. (The Grapevine S/C has a Starlink dish mounted on the control cabinet, and appears to have moved (panned), judging from my original pix. No new Wireless Access Point detected, so I don't know if it is active).

News as it happens... Bulletins at once!
Wish I could mark it like, useful, and informative all at once. Thank you for the update

Reactions: drdumont