Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irving, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuesday - 16 May Update.
Fence is down, stacked and stored in slot # 1.
Twelve stations all in a row, #12 is a Handicapped Use station with extra room lined out on both sides.
None are pull in or pull through.
Wiring appears to be done, they were finishing up the other day I was there.
Site all cleaned up, blank in meter case.
No Starlink antenna, as at the Grapevine SuperCharger. ( There's no Access Point visible on my phone or AP Scanner, although the dish
seems to have panned from its original orientation. Starlink is still not available for D/FW).
The conduits for the secondary coming down the pole are stubbed up at the base of the pole, awaiting
Oncor installation.
I guess then comes the meter and the indeterminate wait for an inspection, then "Push the button, Max!"
No visible permits or other paperwork posted, just address stickers on the meter and current transformer enclosure.

Attachments

• 20230515_161435.jpg
    20230515_161435.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20230515_161500.jpg
    20230515_161500.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 59
♫♫ Anticipation... Anticipayayshun...♫♫

Dropped by this morning. Two meter services, hence two conduits coming from the three transformers on the pole.
Aerial disconnects are closed, so there is power going to the inputs of the metering/CT cabinets.
Interesting that there are two metering cabinets, different address posted on each.
All locked and sealed with >official< Oncor locks and legit meter covers instead of cardboard.
Don't know how they are going Two Into Snowy, perhaps 2 banks on on circuit and one on the other. I didn't get a
read on the size of the three pole pigs. There are three disconnect/control cabinets, and three 250KW 4 dispenser
cabinets, each with its very own personal chiller system on top.
Tesla gear is not behind any fencing.
No CCS adapter thingies on the dispensers.

• Funny
Reactions: doeandjon
31 May, 1100 hours...
All construction equipment, fences, etc are gone.
Area has been policed
Everything appears to be ready in all respects for sea, however...
Still no meters, no change other than the fuses/cutouts on the pole are now open.
No permits or tags on the Oncor side.
No Starlink antenna, nor any discernible WAN antennas.

About 1100 hours, electricians were doing some touch ups. Electrical contractor said they were waiting for the Irving City Inspector to inspect, then presuming all was OK, Oncor would be out to set the meters and apply power. Cutouts up on the pole were still out.
Then Tesla's guys would be out to do the final tests once power was available.
He was to say the least, speaking about the inspector with <ahem> some asperity.

This part of town is absolutely loaded with chargers. Mostly V3 also. It's such an amazing time for Tesla owners in Dallas right now!TMK
TMK, This is the only Supercharger "in this part of town". Nearest is Grapevine, then Southlake, and a new one on the West side of DFW. Hardly a "loaded" area. However, comma, it is seeing quite active use, once the Word got out.

Do you hear us, QuikTrip??? RaceTrak??? Kroger??? 7-11???

In fairness, however, we are, thankfully, a far cry from just 11 - 75 KW chargers on a perenially clogged highway.

TMK, This is the only Supercharger "in this part of town". Nearest is Grapevine, then Southlake, and a new one on the West side of DFW. Hardly a "loaded" area. However, comma, it is seeing quite active use, once the Word got out.

Do you hear us, QuikTrip??? RaceTrak??? Kroger??? 7-11???

In fairness, however, we are, thankfully, a far cry from just 11 - 75 KW chargers on a perenially clogged highway.

Look at the situation in Fort Worth. They have barely any chargers for the city and we have an abundance of them in and around Irving. I would think that the people that live in the Southlake, Grapevine, Irving, Euless areas have home charging setups. I guess apartment dwellers really need these chargers in all cities. I live in Irving and have home charging so I don't really plan on charging at any of these places but if you just look at the V3 map for this area there's a lot of stalls in like a 20 mile radius.

"Look at the situation in Fort Worth. They have barely any chargers for the city and we have an abundance of them in and around Irving."

You are absolutely correct. Too bad Ol' Amon Carter isn't around any more. He would not tolerate Dallas' having more Supercharger stalls than Ft. Worth. I kinda miss the old guy...