Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah Highlands, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

An 8-stall V3 Supercharger is planned in the Issaquah Highlands parking deck, next to the Regal Cinemas. The permit was filed at the start of October and is still in review.

Hopefully this one doesn't get unbuilt like last time! And thanks to MBP for providing a simple and easy permit search system.

Issaquah.jpg

With this plethora of new site permits found by MarcoRP, the number of SC locations in Washington State will climb to 40 when (if?) they are all built. That will bump us up 2 places to 8th in the list of SCs by state, overtaking Illinois and North Carolina, but still behind New Jersey.

I notice the permits all mentioned V3 cabinets, when I would have expected most of these to be Urban SCs limited to 72kW per stall, given their urban/suburban locations.

With this plethora of new site permits found by MarcoRP, the number of SC locations in Washington State will climb to 40 when (if?) they are all built. That will bump us up 2 places to 8th in the list of SCs by state, overtaking Illinois and North Carolina, but still behind New Jersey.

I notice the permits all mentioned V3 cabinets, when I would have expected most of these to be Urban SCs limited to 72kW per stall, given their urban/suburban locations.
WA was briefly as high as 5th on that list a little over a year ago!

There have been very few urban superchargers constructed in the last couple years. There hasn't been an official announcement, but I think Tesla is moving away from that model. There are some parking garages that don't have the electricity to support v3 and/or v2 supercharging though so when that is the case they will likely use the design with the lower power output. For example, that is why the one in Ballard is a v2 even though it was built in the v3 era.

Reactions: Araman0

With apologies for off-topic comments but had to note that BC has 33 operational Supercharger sites right now (same as Washington State). Five more constructed in BC but not yet operational; another nine on Tesla's map of future locations. The key differences are population (BC about 2/3 of Washington), larger geographic area and perhaps higher uptake of EV's in BC (around 10% of new car sales from what I recall). BC added 16 new locations in 2021.

The charging infrastructure in BC is amazing. A year ago we went on a trip that wasn't fully covered by superchargers, but there were plenty of chademo chargers along that route that allowed our trip. (Since then that particular route is now served by superchargers.)

Here is the activity on this permit. Looks like a letter was sent in February outlining corrections but nothing since then. What is telling to me, is the lack of a pin in the Find Us map. Doesn’t show much hope from Teslas end that these will happen anytime soon. There has been much more back and forth on the Sammamish permit which has a Q4 pin.
1659969010374.png