Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there around 8:20pm, 8/8 stalls were full (when I plugged in) charged for only 15 mins (all I needed), but I agree, this will be full with mostly the local Issaquah Highlands people at all times during the normal hours. Probably should have had 12 stalls in this location.

I do wonder if that's frustrating, that they get a new Supercharger built, to provide some capacity, and it's instantly and constantly packed. I drove past the one here in Boise today about 5:45 PM, and it was totally empty.
I wouldn't think they were surprised. If they were, they are doing it wrong.

I'm just a Tesla owner that lives in the general vicinity (with very little specific knowledge of the eastern suburbs... I rarely go over there), and I could tell 8 stalls wasn't going to be enough just from following this thread and other posts on social media, etc.

Meanwhile Tesla has all the data of all the locations of every Tesla in the area 24/7.

I wouldn't think they were surprised. If they were, they are doing it wrong.

I'm just a Tesla owner that lives in the general vicinity (with very little specific knowledge of the eastern suburbs... I rarely go over there), and I could tell 8 stalls wasn't going to be enough just from following this thread and other posts on social media, etc.

Meanwhile Tesla has all the data of all the locations of every Tesla in the area 24/7.

Yeah, I really wish they'd put in a much bigger station. 12 stalls would be nice.

Drove back from Cannon Beach, OR on Saturday and my girlfriend hit the supercharger button on my Model S screen, as she wanted to see how many total SCs there were in Greater Seattle area. We were quite surprised to see the Issaquah one on there! Though I had been tracking this thread for a while, I expected to have to wait another week or two (I like to keep my expectations low).

Charged on Sunday around 1pm, there were 3-4 in use when I arrived. Plugged into the one on the end (farthest away from the bushes), and got SUPER slow charging, even after being plugged in for 5+ minutes. Like, a few kW. Moved over to the spot nearest the bushes, and we were all good at 70+ kW. The Starbucks next door is nice.

Well...
For whatever it’s worth. Today at 10:30am it was totally empty.
And I just got back from my trip. I was there Monday about 4:30 PM and again Tuesday about 10:30 AM, and I was the only car there both times. So maybe the newness is wearing off pretty quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Well...

And I just got back from my trip. I was there Monday about 4:30 PM and again Tuesday about 10:30 AM, and I was the only car there both times. So maybe the newness is wearing off pretty quickly.
Site has been active for less than a week. Give it time!

I'm not saying it's going to be like Qualcomm in San Diego awful, but I think it will fill up a lot at the typical busy times such as Friday evenings and really any time after a typical work day. And given that there are a lot of new Tesla owners in the area, I expect a lot of complaints.

Was there today around 12pm for about an hour. Was steadily shifting between 3-5 stalls being used.

I can easily see how 8 Urban chargers won't be enough stalls for this location, especially come winter time and more people find out about it. But, got a nice healthy 74kW charge rate out of one of them.

9NNrJwl.png

Wait.....don’t you have a model 3?

Reworked steering column part finally came in so the Model 3 is at the Bellevue SC. :) Plus some other work that needed to be done... ;)

This was the loaner they gave me. Model S 70D. Whoever used it last left the battery pretty low and the service guy was worried handing it over to me before charging it on their HPWCs for a bit and I said, "No worries. Gives me a reason to visit the new Issaquah Superchargers..." ;)

• Funny
Reactions: modamoda
Don't see green paint on the stalls (which I think is required in order to ticket ICE cars using the spots). That typical for Supercharger locations?
Yes. Usually the property owner wants to keep parking options open for all customers. They never want to offend a customer by having them get towed or fined. Maybe this will change in the future, but currently there is no means (or desire) for enforcement.

Reworked steering column part finally came in so the Model 3 is at the Bellevue SC. :) Plus some other work that needed to be done... ;)

This was the loaner they gave me. Model S 70D. Whoever used it last left the battery pretty low and the service guy was worried handing it over to me before charging it on their HPWCs for a bit and I said, "No worries. Gives me a reason to visit the new Issaquah Superchargers..." ;)

Was the steering column causing the blinker issue or was that separate? So many cars needing work! I’ve got a few items like a bulging door seal and slightly raised door trim on a door but nothing big enough to bring it in yet. Although on certain songs, the front speakers in the dash sound blown or highly distorted. It’s weird it is only on a few songs though.