Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New (temporary?) signs are up at this supercharger.
F6F7B34A-0D74-474F-90D5-9490F4294A46.jpeg A54D4AA1-9D9C-4092-B16C-C39FC6B7171F.jpeg

Has anyone experienced issues with any of the charging posts here (Issaquah Supercharger)?

The first time I visited (day after it opened) one wasn't working (2 or 3kW rate) and had to move to a different post, which charged at normal rate.

This past weekend I charged, and experienced "middling" speeds (even taking my current charge level into account).

New (temporary?) signs are up at this supercharger.
View attachment 354404 View attachment 354405
This may just be a holiday weekend thing. The same, or similar, signs have recently been put up at some other superchargers in other locations as well. So, this might be Tesla's way of trying to get people to move through the charging a bit more quickly so that the increased demand and congestion during one of the biggest driving weekends of the year is eased. You know, "Please have some added consideration for other drivers" signs.

This may just be a holiday weekend thing. The same, or similar, signs have recently been put up at some other superchargers in other locations as well. So, this might be Tesla's way of trying to get people to move through the charging a bit more quickly so that the increased demand and congestion during one of the biggest driving weekends of the year is eased. You know, "Please have some added consideration for other drivers" signs.
These signs have nothing to do with Tesla owners. These signs are to allow ICE cars to park in the Tesla charging spots. They aren't trying to get Tesla owners to move through faster.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Sorry -- off to practice my reading and observational skills.:oops:
No worries. What with that sign so closely resembling Tesla's "General Parking w/time limit" parking signs, that was a very easy mistake to make. Plus, some more visible signage discouraging cars from ICEing the charging stalls would certainly be warranted during this weekend/season as well.

A few observations from this week:
Noon - 5/6 of 8 slots full
4/4:30pm - 7/8 of 8 slots full
(those were true multiple days this week)

7-8am today - Was empty the whole time I was travelling there, and when I got there around 7:40ish I was the only one charging (and somehow still did a crap job of backing in)

Was surprised to see it so busy at the lunch hour & then again before evening rush hour. Even more surprised to see zero people hitting it early in the morning.