Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be receiving my Model S today. I live close to this location and pass by a few times a week. Will post updates if I see any. Since I live so close I probably wont ever use this, but I can see how useful this can be to people going east skiing or crossing the pass. Although, looking at frmViewInspection it looks like its cancelled! :(

Will be receiving my Model S today. I live close to this location and pass by a few times a week. Will post updates if I see any. Since I live so close I probably wont ever use this, but I can see how useful this can be to people going east skiing or crossing the pass. Although, looking at frmViewInspection it looks like its cancelled! :(
Ack! Maybe it expired and they need to a new one? I'm so bummed if this gets cancelled. This would have been an ideal location for heading to the mountains in the 60kWh.

Ack! Maybe it expired and they need to a new one? I'm so bummed if this gets cancelled. This would have been an ideal location for heading to the mountains in the 60kWh.

OP here, LNI status has not changed since early November. I was explained to that it's only an inspection request that was cancelled. There was another "stop work order" by department of ecology but permit was ultimately approved. Anybody's guess as to why this is not moving fwd. Someone please call up the contractor INNERSPACE to find out what's happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-22-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-22-35.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-22-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-22-54.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-23-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-08-12-23-13.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 91
That link appears to be an electricial inspection that was cancelled. If you look at the very first post in this thread, it was "cancelled" back then, too. The electrical permit found on mybuildingpermit.com is still listed as Issued if you search for SW17-00028 in Issaquah. The approval and issuance of the permit happened weeks after the "cancelled" inspection.

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 12.26.59 PM.png

Pretty much everyone thinks this about any location which has a higher density of superchargers than their own area.

In this case it really is true. Washington State has been neglected in the supercharging area for a long time.

Now that they sharply increased supercharging prices (apparently to track gas prices in WA), I hope they will make more of an effort.

Washington State has been neglected in the supercharging area for a long time.

Every major highway has been completed since September 2015. There are some routes and regions (and I don't mean places like Siberia) which are completely void of superchargers who would love to have the coverage that Washington has. There are people in each of these places thinking that Tesla is specifically singling them out on purpose.

That being said the gap from Lynnwood to Centralia (formerly Arlington to Centralia and prior to that Burlington to Centralia) is quite egregious.

I frequently make trips from Marysville to Olympia and back and prior to Lynnwood, I had to drive well out of my way to Centralia before heading back north. These are basically the edges of the Seattle metro area from a north/south perspective so it's not an uncommon route. Driving a (degraded) S90D, Lynnwood has made it possible to avoid the Centralia detour, but those with smaller batteries may not be so fortunate.

The Centralia to Woodburn gap was also really terrible, but the opening of Vancouver has alleviated that. Before Vancouver people travelling to Portland and back from the north would often have to detour to Woodburn just to make it home. Again this is a really common route for people who live in the Seattle metro area.

• Informative
Reactions: EarlyAdopter