Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off phone with Innerspace Electric and the gentleman said nothing would happen at the Issaquah site until after the 1st of the year with completion hopefully in February.
It's a sad site right now. But now I won't drive by as often wishing to see movement until Jan 2nd
MVIMG_20171206_093334.jpg

This Supercharger location can not happen soon enough for me. I commute from Suncadia to Microsoft 4 days/wk and this Supercharger will make life so much easier. Left Issaquah with 130mi of rated range Sunday night and drove through a snowstorm at the top of the pass through Exit 80 (Suncadia/Bullfrog road). Through 20 miles of heavy falling snow and concentrating on the road conditions, I didn't realize how much energy I was using and how fast the battery was draining down. Once I realized how low of charge I was at and my current usage rate, I slowed down as much as possible but the battery discharge rate continued until I had 0 rated miles at Exit 80. I made it about a 1/4mi further (2 mi from home) and the car said to pull over. Once stopped, the car would go no further. An hour later and a $220 flatbed tow for 2 miles, I was charging at home again...Tesla service line was helpful for arranging the tow.

I was under the impression that tow trucks in WA were required to be able to charge EVs. All it takes to do this is a generator that runs off the power takeoff--the same hydraulic system that runs the crane and winch and so forth. A device that can generate 30A240V continuous is about the size of a shoebox, not counting whatever wires.

An ordinary inverter, the sort of thing you'd plug in to run a coffeepot in your car, may meet the letter of the law, although it probably will take a long time to get enough charge from it to go the two miles you needed....especially if it's cold. It may be that that's why the driver didn't suggest it. I'm surprised Tesla didn't. It might be helpful to carry such a device for some people. the EV version of jumper cords.

-Snortybartfast

Just got off phone with Innerspace Electric and the gentleman said nothing would happen at the Issaquah site until after the 1st of the year with completion hopefully in February.

Wondering what is the hold up on this SuperCharger site.

When visiting family in Sammamish, we felt a lot of range anxiety to make it back to a Supercharger in Centralia to get back home. You would think that Tesla would fill in this Supercharger hole in the Seattle/Bellevue/Issaquah Area as soon as possible. Not so much for the Tesla owners in the area, but at least have Superchargers for the Tesla owners visiting from some where else. Sure hope this site gets completed before Spring and for sure by June THIS YEAR.

Reactions: TreborThickweb
Issaquah has disappeared from US Tesla Superchargers | Tesla, although chargers in Kirkland, Bellevue, three in Seattle, and Snoqualmie are now on the "coming soon" list. Interestingly, Vancouver, WA is also not on the list now, even though construction there is essentially complete, and a new "coming soon" is in Longview. I wonder if they decided that, upon further consideration, Snoqualmie was a better choice than Issaquah (I agree) and Longview was a better choice than Vancouver.

-Snortybartfast

Issaquah has disappeared from US Tesla Superchargers | Tesla, although chargers in Kirkland, Bellevue, three in Seattle, and Snoqualmie are now on the "coming soon" list. Interestingly, Vancouver, WA is also not on the list now, even though construction there is essentially complete, and a new "coming soon" is in Longview. I wonder if they decided that, upon further consideration, Snoqualmie was a better choice than Issaquah (I agree) and Longview was a better choice than Vancouver.

-Snortybartfast

Vancouver, WA was never on the list.

I know because I really wanted it to be on the list, and I was a little miffed that they had longview listed.

But, then many months later construction started in Vancouver so I was happy. But, now I am sad for there seems to be some significant issue. Not that I have any knowledge that hasn't already been shared. Just no other plausible explanation.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Do I need to trade in our MS 75 and go back to a Avalon Hybrid to be able to visit this area without the range anxiety to freely travel in this area? What I feel is this area is not getting any love from Tesla and Tesla is only dragging their feet teasing us.