Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about that. It seems like it varies a lot in different places. There have been a lot of locations built in places where gas cars used to park a lot, but after the spaces were converted to Superchargers, people understood and avoided parking there, and they worked out to be OK.
I wasn't referring to the ICEing, but rather the lineup of Teslas that will exist every afternoon at the typical times.

I wasn't referring to the ICEing, but rather the lineup of Teslas that will exist every afternoon at the typical times.
Well, I considered that you might have been talking about that at first, but that wouldn't make any sense. You were criticizing this particular location. But Tesla cars using a Tesla Supercharger would apply to ANY place in the Seattle area. So why would you say this place would be so uniquely horrible?

Well, I considered that you might have been talking about that at first, but that wouldn't make any sense. You were criticizing this particular location. But Tesla cars using a Tesla Supercharger would apply to ANY place in the Seattle area. So why would you say this place would be so uniquely horrible?

Probably because there are many more Tesla owners on the Eastside than Lynnwood. Also Lynnwood is not that busy because of Burlington, Arlington, and Monroe superchargers being fairly close by. If I’m a traveler heading north/south/east I’d rather stop by any of these three 120kw chargers than Lynnwood’s 72kw.

There have been workers there every morning but other than the removal of all of the fencing, the site looks the same. Still a boarded up “hole” and a missing safety post.

Thanks to those more informed than I for pointing out the steps that still need to happen. Hopefully this goes online in October.

For what it’s worth, I shop here several times a week, usually in the mornings. The lot is never close to full. Possibly in the evenings and/or weekends it’s different.

Only 8 stalls at 72kW and only supercharger on the east side (and there is nothing on the south side of Seattle either, nor is there anything between here and Snoqualmie Pass). It's going to be a "California style" supercharger :) At least it will be until they open the many other "planned" superchargers in the Seattle area.

Only 8 stalls at 72kW and only supercharger on the east side (and there is nothing on the south side of Seattle either, nor is there anything between here and Snoqualmie Pass). It's going to be a "California style" supercharger :) At least it will be until they open the many other "planned" superchargers in the Seattle area.
So...yeah. As I thought, whichever one opened in the Seattle area first at any place would be the "shitshow" you were referring to.

So...yeah. As I thought, whichever one opened in the Seattle area first at any place would be the "shitshow" you were referring to.
Well Lynnwood didn't have a bad rollout, but it was 10 stalls, opened before the Model 3s got here, and is in a location that doesn't have too high of a Tesla density. An Issaquah 8-stall supercharger will be like San Juan Capistrano in its early days.

Well Lynnwood didn't have a bad rollout, but it was 10 stalls, opened before the Model 3s got here, and is in a location that doesn't have too high of a Tesla density. An Issaquah 8-stall supercharger will be like San Juan Capistrano in its early days.

I’m more worried about “peak” demand, especially in winter time. This is the only supercharger which will handle two popular ski areas.

Also in summer time, it’s the only charger to Sunrise, Mt. Rainier.

(Until the opening of Enumclaw SC)

I’m more worried about “peak” demand, especially in winter time. This is the only supercharger which will handle two popular ski areas.

Also in summer time, it’s the only charger to Sunrise, Mt. Rainier.

(Until the opening of Enumclaw SC)

We really need a charger at the foot of crystal mountain. If you drive to rainier in an electric car, it's a long way from any close charging place. You can make it there and back because its mostly downhill coming back (coming past say crystal mtn boulevard from Issaquah), but it feels like you will be stuck in the middle of nowhere. A supercharger right there just before you turn up the hill to crystal would be perfect for me. Especially if I get a crystal pass this year.

With how these go, it sounds like the construction workers there are basically about done, but it's not just them. That transformer is going to be brought in and installed by the electric utility. That is usually almost the last step, and it sometimes takes a while for the utility to get around to it. So the workers may not know.

Don't forget about inspections and certifications. Used to live in Issaquah and back then, there was a ton of bureaucracy. Don't know if it is still true.

Places with more fixed parking lines could do it. at most places at snoqualmie it feels like randomly changing week to week with not very clear boundaries. stevens has no parking hardly, so problem gone :) Crystal could do it. I have stayed overnight at the hotels and they also don't have places to charge, but if you ask them they will let you run a 120v line to a wall outlet.

The Ski hill issues would be well solved by just having 110v plugs at a row of parking spaces. Then again that could make plowing unbearably difficult.

Places with more fixed parking lines could do it. at most places at snoqualmie it feels like randomly changing week to week with not very clear boundaries. stevens has no parking hardly, so problem gone :) Crystal could do it. I have stayed overnight at the hotels and they also don't have places to charge, but if you ask them they will let you run a 120v line to a wall outlet.

Installing 110v outlet/EV charger in ski area (or wilderness area) is more difficult than we think. Extending 7kWh power cable for L2 charger is not cheap, also outlet's should be water/weather-proof.

Bump.

Let's try to stay on topic here.

Like Wynn mentioned they are now covered with “coming soon” “raincoats” as if they are preparing for a long stand in the rain.

Attachments

• C974754D-6989-4DD2-A715-E240021CD580.jpeg
    C974754D-6989-4DD2-A715-E240021CD580.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 5CEBAB70-33BB-4162-9D03-B55CF817AD9E.jpeg
    5CEBAB70-33BB-4162-9D03-B55CF817AD9E.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 75