TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Italy, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by SilkySmooth, Sep 2, 2017.

1. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

This is located between Waco and Dallas on I35 at a Love's Travel stop, with an embedded Carl's Jr. Across the street there is another gas station and an embedded BBQ place (of unknown quality).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. swaltner

swaltner Member

Great find! It looks like the pedestals are almost complete. Did you take pictures or notice the progress on the other major components of a Supercharger site? (electrical transformer, power distribution cabinet, superchargers, enclosure to make those industrial components look nice)

Notifying @BlueShift for inclusion on supercharge.info

Reporting thread with a request for an admin to update the thread title and location with the standard format.

Based off the pictures and little Google Maps kung-fu, I'd guess the lat/long coordinates as: 32.1949355, -96.8994992

• Like x 1
  3. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Great find. Another one in between Waco and Austin would make this route nearly complete.

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

It's a 271 mile route with four supercharger sites along it. Looks pretty complete to me. Don't forget there are routes out there which are completed void of SCs.

• Like x 2
  5. mkjayakumar

Not disputing what you said, but I still think this route isn't complete without one in Temple. Not for range anxiety but more for convenience

• Like x 1
  6. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

Forgot to get coordinates, but it is on the SE corner of the intersection.

The units in this pic have since been concealed with an enclosure today.

There is a brand new McDonalds going in across the street (NE side, not on the NW side of the intersection where the large sign is visible.

IMG_7352.JPG

• Informative x 1
  7. mkjayakumar

So there is no eatery right next to the SpCs ? You have to go to the other side of the highway through the underpass to get to McD ?

8. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

SC is on the SE corner with Carl's Jr and Loves. NE corner is the brand new McDs under construction (visible in the second pic), and in an existing building on the NE side there is another gas station with a BBQ place (not shown, but you can check yelp or google street view). On the other side of 35 there are two more gas stations and an existing McDs, based on what I see under the overpass (don't really pay too much attention to McDs).

Hopefully, the old McD will be replaced with a better dining option. Probably Waco is a better place if you want somewhat decent cuisine at Collin Street, and this if you like fast food or Grandy's or Loves.

• Informative x 1
  9. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Good find!!!

I recognize that area. Got a no front license plate fix it or ticket warning just 1/4 mile up i35 in my other car. Dang highway patrol.

• Informative x 1
  10. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

I would have thought such tickets were more likely in small towns--so much for removing the front plates. This Labor Day weekend I must have passed nearly a dozen state police cars on just the southbound side of 35 between Dallas and Austin, which to me seemed a stark difference from non-holiday traffic.

11. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I think the state troopers have occasional enforcement focus areas. I'd gone 4 years without a front plate prior. It had fallen off when the double sided tape failed (Acura).

I also remember that gas station in the picture was waaaay overpriced.

I'm driving through there in the S on the 29th and back in the 30th. Hope it's ready!

12. HillCountryFun

Great work finding this one!! I bet there's also one going up in either Buffalo or Centerville Texas!

13. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Those are not listed on the "coming soon" page - US Tesla Superchargers | Tesla Canada

14. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

very cool - thats just down the road from Monolithic

15. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

51502577-E08F-4AFC-853D-C800614C8295.jpeg Looks to be nearly compete today

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  16. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Stopped in last night. Still no juice. Stalls not numbered or lit up. The meter looked weird too. I'm not sure if it was even a proper meter. Maybe that's what they are waiting on.

• Informative x 2
  17. GlennSapien

GlennSapien Member

#17 GlennSapien, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    First! (all in good fun)

Italy is online, it wasn't when I checked last night but I was just routed through it.

The HC spot is on the far end behind the RV (furthest from the store.) 5 of 10 are 30 minute general spots. 1 pull in 9 back in.

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
  18. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

#18 brkaus, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Thanks for the update!!

@BlueShift - now online!

I can't wait to use it on Friday!

19. otter

otter Recovering eager beaver

Thanks for the great news and the photo! OBTW- If I counted correctly, that folks in the RV may have managed to ICE 7/10 spots at once! Hope it wasn't a long meal...;)

20. arcus

arcus Member

Wonderful! Looks like a short weekend trip is in the making for us! :)