Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ithaca, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's legit! Found the source: New Superchargers going in in Ithaca, NY : superchargers

From /u/SuddenOutlandishness says they are found at "Route 13 in Ithaca, in the Hobby Lobby / TJ Max parking lot."

in278o7ic5b31.jpg

Ok, so now I know I can make a site appear just by saying it's never going to happen! I'll try to use that power wisely. :)

This is excellent news. Seems like about as good a location as any for Ithaca - right in the middle of the Rt 13 strip, with various food options nearby. Looks to be nearly complete. I'll be up there this weekend, so I'll take a look.

• Love
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I was literally there couple of weeks ago. Charged at Moosic and Binghamton coming from DE. Then within Ithaca charged at a state park. Don’t remember the name but Lucifer falls one on Lake Cayuga. There is a free ChargePoint one. Sucked to find range on cell phone from AT&T but managed somehow to unlock remotely. Good to see SC coming in Ithaca as well.

It's legit! Found the source: New Superchargers going in in Ithaca, NY : superchargers

From /u/SuddenOutlandishness says they are found at "Route 13 in Ithaca, in the Hobby Lobby / TJ Max parking lot."

in278o7ic5b31.jpg

Good enough location, I guess. Probably the cheapest they could get with a half-reasonable location. Hobby Lobby is basically dead in Ithaca because of its aggressive right-wing political agenda; it's mostly boycotted. So the lot's always 3/4 empty.

The immediately adjacent stores are unpleasant and uninteresting. But it's within a fairly short walk of some tolerable chain restaurants (Firehouse Subs, Chipotle, CoreLife, Five Guys, Panera, Texas Roadhouse) and one non-chain (Spring Buffet), and a somewhat longer 2000 foot walk to Wegmans.

The only public transit is an hourly bus, so except for Wegmans, you can't get to anything nice in Ithaca from there without your car. Buttermilk Falls is over a mile away, and so's the Commons.

So, it's a bad location, but it could be a lot worse, and it's probably quite cheap.

For people going through Ithaca who don't want to stop, it's well-located for state routes 13, 34, and 96, but quite badly located for routes 79 and 96B. Bridges the Rochester-Binghamton gap and the Corning-Syracuse gap though.

For people coming to Ithaca College or Cornell or downtown (or headed for Trumansburg or Dryden) it's on the wrong side of town unless you're coming from the Southwest (statistically the least popular direction). So I don't anticipate this Supercharger getting much use, unless it's from rich Cornell students in apartments without onsite charging, and they won't like the location.

This is welcome news. As a Cornell alum and parent that visits Ithaca about twice a year, it is nice to know that I can get a quick charge in town before heading back East, as I don't have any Supercharging options heading to or from Ithaca until I get to Albany or Utica.
There's another one coming in Oneonta, about halfway up Rt 88 towards Albany, that might come in handy when it's operational (haven't seen any movement on that lately though).

Reactions: Tedkidd
Good enough location, I guess. Probably the cheapest they could get with a half-reasonable location. Hobby Lobby is basically dead in Ithaca because of its aggressive right-wing political agenda; it's mostly boycotted. So the lot's always 3/4 empty.

The immediately adjacent stores are unpleasant and uninteresting. But it's within a fairly short walk of some tolerable chain restaurants (Firehouse Subs, Chipotle, CoreLife, Five Guys, Panera, Texas Roadhouse) and one non-chain (Spring Buffet), and a somewhat longer 2000 foot walk to Wegmans.

The only public transit is an hourly bus, so except for Wegmans, you can't get to anything nice in Ithaca from there without your car. Buttermilk Falls is over a mile away, and so's the Commons.

So, it's a bad location, but it could be a lot worse, and it's probably quite cheap.

For people going through Ithaca who don't want to stop, it's well-located for state routes 13, 34, and 96, but quite badly located for routes 79 and 96B. Bridges the Rochester-Binghamton gap and the Corning-Syracuse gap though.

For people coming to Ithaca College or Cornell or downtown (or headed for Trumansburg or Dryden) it's on the wrong side of town unless you're coming from the Southwest (statistically the least popular direction). So I don't anticipate this Supercharger getting much use, unless it's from rich Cornell students in apartments without onsite charging, and they won't like the location.
To people coming from towns >=10x the size of Ithaca, being on "the wrong side" of Ithaca isn't terribly significant, compared to not having an SC within 50 miles at all,

Reactions: Jtt777