Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackman, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neither the car nor our iPhones had any cellular service in Jackman, and it was spotty all the way from Augusta to Jackman and again from Jackman to Medway... We used 156 rated miles to cover the 110 miles from Augusta

I want to hear more about your Jackman to Medway trip. You just leaf peeping, chasing grouse or have your moose permit? What route did you take? If you took the Golden road, hope you have air suspension.

Rated versus actual due to elevation changes etc has made me nervous going from Augusta fully charged to Levis where I rolled in with 40km (25m) to spare. That was on range mode too.

Last edited:
I want to hear more about your Jackman to Medway trip. You just leaf peeping, chasing grouse or have your moose permit? What route did you take? If you took the Golden road, hope you have air suspension.

Rated versus actual due to elevation changes etc has made me nervous going from Augusta fully charged to Levis where I rolled in with 40km (25m) to spare. That was on range mode too.
Believe it or not, the purpose of the trip was just to visit the Jackman and Medway Superchargers, as part of this competition, where I'm in third place:
Superchargers Visited
I didn't take the Golden road, although I was a bit concerned that the Tesla Nav might try to take a short cut on unpaved roads. I've had that happen in Montana in the past. Edit: Actually I take that back - it was Google maps which suggested the short cut on an unpaved road (without telling me it was unpaved). Tesla wanted to go the long way round for 160 miles. I opted for the Google maps route which was only 100 miles.
I took 201 up to Jackman and then 6 across to Medway. I do have air suspension. I hate to think what the northern parts of 201 and 6 would have felt like without it.

Believe it or not, the purpose of the trip was just to visit the Jackman and Medway Superchargers, as part of this competition, where I'm in third place:
Superchargers Visited
I didn't take the Golden road, although I was a bit concerned that the Tesla Nav might try to take a short cut on unpaved roads. I've had that happen in Montana in the past. Edit: Actually I take that back - it was Google maps which suggested the short cut on an unpaved road (without telling me it was unpaved). Tesla wanted to go the long way round for 160 miles. I opted for the Google maps route which was only 100 miles.
I took 201 up to Jackman and then 6 across to Medway. I do have air suspension. I hate to think what the northern parts of 201 and 6 would have felt like without it.
Before it was clear that Jackman was open ( it wasn’t ) I took a drive up to Greenville then along 6 to Rockwood in my Model 3 towards Jackman, before range anxiety overwhelmed me and I turned around. 6 was in very good condition. Guess it gets a bit rougher further north.

When you click on this Supercharger in the car's NAV screen it normally doesn't say how many stalls are occupied. It may be because there is no reliable data connection between the station and the servers.

It could be worse. The adjoining Chargepoint stations have apparently never been activated. Chargepoint could allow them to be off-network and usable solely with a fob for now. However, they seem to be waiting for a data connection before turning the switch.

Charged here about 5:15 this evening. Area near the superchargers was snow covered but smooth - I assume it has been paved but I’m not sure.
The ChargePoint units are online as well. Not sure if these were up when this site was visited by @JSergeant or not. Nav still doesn’t show site availability status in the car so they still haven’t solved the data connectivity issue (still almost no cell service for the fifty miles leading up to Jackman from Skowhegan. And pay attention to those moose signs... came across one in the road seven miles south of Jackman that almost ruined both our days.
D64F8691-29E6-41E8-BEB1-0B28AE369037.jpeg
A86E3FEF-6631-4814-BA4E-18F2A10DF795.jpeg

Anyone else seeing the Jackman supercharger as being almost always offline/out of service on the Tesla map? .

I may have misinterpreted your question.

I am used to there almost never being any real-time status on the occupancy of the four stalls there. However, I am not used to seeing the "temporary closure" message that is displaying currently.

Reactions: tagueja
Why can't Tesla and ChargePoint use a wired data connection at this location? They can both share the same one.

By the way, the ChargePoint app can also be used as an NFC fob with phones that support NFC.

I’m guessing this location would be perfect for a Starlink antenna. Not only could it establish connectivity for Tesla but they could also let the cars connect to it.

The honeymoon has worn off in Jackman.

I was able to avoid the puddle by charging parallel to the pedestals. Also, every pedestal is covered in spiders and their webs. You might want to bring a broom or at least a glove if you are an arachnophobe. Same issue at Baileyville, but not as bad. Don't think these stations are getting much use with the border closed and Maine travel restrictions.

20D4FB88-D03B-470A-B8FB-370212C9786B.jpeg

Day tripping drive yesterday up to the Jackman, ME area and then east and south to Greenville. We charged our Kona at one of the ChargePoints (even though I didn't think I'd need to) so we could be flexible with our continued driving.
While we were there, I saw a Model Y (or maybe a Model 3) with a New York plate plugged in. A couple with a baby. Didn't speak to them, so it appears that the Superchargers are working OK.

As with PLUS EV's pic posted last year, I found the ground next to the chargers questionable, but it was dry so no problem.

It's US Cellular country in Jackman, ME so lots of people including us don't have cellphone service when there. So:
- You might not be to pass the time or route plan how you expected while stopped to charge.
- If driving an EV that needs the ChargePoints bring a ChargePoint RFID card.

Last edited:
And boots...

It's better in winter when the mud is frozen. The roads on the way up are a bit challenging with all the frost heaves. Beware of moose in the road (ask me how I know) :oops:
I had my strangest moose encounter just east of Jackman after supercharging there. An adult female walked across the road in front of me. I slowed down, then she got next to me in the opposing lane, and as I sped up, she chased after me like a dog chasing a mail truck. It was actually somewhat frightening as I had rolled the window down to get a better look. But of course, I was able to punch it and leave her in the dust! All I could figure is maybe she had calves in the woods nearby and somehow wanted to scare me off. It worked!